Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Well, FINALLY! Got one green-tinted egg from my Anconas today. I noticed one of the girls vocalizing while poking around under a bush. I think it was one of the youger three who are about six and half months now. It was a bit on the small size, but it also looked a bit like the ones my older girl, Pebbles, usually lays. Please!!! let this be the beginning of the season. I have missed those eggs so dearly. Had to resort to store-bought eggs, which seem tiny and tasteless even if they are 'organic' and 'not caged'.
thumbsup.gif

5 eggs today. Had Duck egg pancakes again with bacon and poached duck eggs for breakfast. First time I have tried duck eggs poached... MMMMMmmmmm!

Slice of toast, slice of Monterey Jack, some spinach sautéed with onion and garlic in olive oil and a poached egg on toast: quite possibly my family's favorite dinner.
1f60a.png
yup! I think I know what we are having for dinner!!

Y'all are killing me with the food...yum. Beats my frozen veggies and salsa for breakfast. Someone decided to wait a bit this morning to lay her egg and still waiting for my other 4 to start laying. They are 16 weeks today so hopefully soon!

Pearl is an egg-laying machine! And they are getting bigger, too.

I have a plastic egg carton I keep them in. It is supposed to hold 12, but it can only hold 6 of her eggs because it can't fit two side-by-side.

Well, FINALLY! Got one green-tinted egg from my Anconas today. I noticed one of the girls vocalizing while poking around under a bush. I think it was one of the youger three who are about six and half months now. It was a bit on the small size, but it also looked a bit like the ones my older girl, Pebbles, usually lays. Please!!! let this be the beginning of the season. I have missed those eggs so dearly. Had to resort to store-bought eggs, which seem tiny and tasteless even if they are 'organic' and 'not caged'.

I used a store bought chicken egg the other day for DH... and it felt all wrong. It was wimpy and dull. Don't know how people do it.

I had my "breakfast fried rice" for dinner last night... which is a spicy fried rice with bacon... and topped with a duck egg.

Y'all are killing me with the food...yum. Beats my frozen veggies and salsa for breakfast. Someone decided to wait a bit this morning to lay her egg and still waiting for my other 4 to start laying. They are 16 weeks today so hopefully soon!
My Cayugas were about 18 weeks when they started laying so you may not have much longer to wait. They now lay, out of the 14 of them, at least a dozen eggs daily.

My Cayugas were about 18 weeks when they started laying so you may not have much longer to wait. They now lay, out of the 14 of them, at least a dozen eggs daily.
I keep checking everyday hoping some has started. I'm afraid that my dogs will find it before I do. I know they ate one that my cayuga laid outside the house.
th.gif
Not she is reliably laying inside, thank goodness! I'm hoping that I won't have to buy any more eggs from the store. I also know someone with chickens and we are going to trade eggs.

I think there is something wrong with my ducks. 5 CLEAN eggs that look as if someone did NOT play hockey in the poo with them.
1f648.png
Sure, next your are going to tell me your ducks swam in their pool all day and got out and went to the corner of the yard and pooped every time leaving the pool water nice and clean except for the occasional feather.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom