Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

My girls have been laying for about a month now, and I'm getting 3 eggs from 3 ducks most days. This is their first season laying and I've only found a couple of eggs outside of the house, otherwise they're pretty much all together in a nice nest with the golf balls. It's about 50/50 whether they've been pooped on or not, but the nest has been meticulously made.
Peek is starting to hide her eggs. Poke still lays in the duck house with the golf balls, but Peek makes a new nest every day in the straw piles I have out in the run. I take the egg, she makes a new nest in a different place. She does not approve of my egg-stealing ways.
LOL! I still feel guilty about taking the eggs and try to hide it whenever I do. Nothing to see here, don't mind me!

My girls have been laying for about a month now, and I'm getting 3 eggs from 3 ducks most days. This is their first season laying and I've only found a couple of eggs outside of the house, otherwise they're pretty much all together in a nice nest with the golf balls. It's about 50/50 whether they've been pooped on or not, but the nest has been meticulously made.
LOL! I still feel guilty about taking the eggs and try to hide it whenever I do. Nothing to see here, don't mind me!
lau.gif

I do the same thing.

8 eggs two days in a row (though yesterday a later outdoor egg was found first by a magpie). I am 3 short of a perfect lay day. It seems the runners have been stepping it up so I am getting 3 or 4 runner eggs / day now instead of 1 or 2 (4 is my max there).

One of yesterdays eggs was completely devoid of bloom - felt like rough porcelain??? Anyone had that happen/know what it means? (One of my ducks is snorting DDT?)

Finally!!
wee.gif
Found five Ancona eggs today. Both older girls laid nicely in the house in the same nest like the past two years. The three youngers dropped theirs out in the run in the mud. They were hatched Sept 6, so started up at 5 to 6 months age. Now, my problem is what to do with 5 eggs a day. Planned on selling, but will wait until they settle in.
The mating is going hot and heavy with the younger boy having a hard time of it with his elder, Ben, interfering every time he tries.
smack.gif
I hope they work it out.

Mine are laying every day still. Poke takes the occasional day off, but Peek is a laying machine. She hasn't missed a day. She has also decided that she's going to go back into the duck house to lay, since I keep finding her eggs everywhere she tries to hide them in the run. At least in the duck house there are golf balls to keep the egg company.

2 Khaki eggs, and nothing that I could find from the Pekins, Don't know if they hid them or took the day off (they have been regular for a while now) I have a feeling I will find something random eventually, but it's a big property, and they cover a lot of ground each day! Have an incubator load ready to go though - so it's time to get baking!!

Back
Top Bottom