Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

I got a spotless egg from one of my Pekins today. I still can't believe it.  Perhaps a wild duck laid it out back, because no self respecting Pekin would produce an egg that was not covered in mud and absolutely disgusting...
Lol!!! I've been having to dig for my eggs now that most are laying. They use to be in a nice little neat on top of the shavings.

I got two eggs again today, after Peek took a few days off, and Poke took nearly a week off. Apparently having a new duck house filled with obnoxious youngsters isn't good for laying eggs. The "little" ducks are finally leaving them alone, and they've built a little nest in the corner of the new duck house.

Also, I should have built the duck house about a foot taller. Ouch.

I got two eggs again today, after Peek took a few days off, and Poke took nearly a week off. Apparently having a new duck house filled with obnoxious youngsters isn't good for laying eggs. The "little" ducks are finally leaving them alone, and they've built a little nest in the corner of the new duck house. 

Also, I should have built the duck house about a foot taller. Ouch.

DH says that about our duck run too! I can just fit under it (although that doesn't stop me from whacking my head on the door every time I walk through it)...it's about 2" to short for him...he says he has hardware cloth imprints on his head. Lol

Holy cow... Someone laid a massive egg today! The one of the left is a large store bought chicken egg and the rest are from today.

The work OUCH!!! Comes to mind. It amazes me who large an egg can come out of such a relatively small bird. Mine sometime seem to lay eggs half their own size.
I don't know how they do it but it tasted great, lol! Actually it was a double yoker and came from my largest runner who is 5 1/2 lbs.

Holy cow... Someone laid a massive egg today! The one of the left is a large store bought chicken egg and the rest are from today.
She may not lay for a week after that one just to recoup. I love that blue one never seen a duck that laid blue eggs. so pretty. might want to see if she'd like a sitz bath. lol

Back
Top Bottom