Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

I'm only getting 1 egg a day from 3 Pekins and 2 Swedish. They free range during the day and locked up tight at night. If they are laying I don't know where
sad.png
A read in another thread someone emptied their pond and found 40 eggs. I'm hoping I find a bunch when ours is emptied.
No Muscovy's laying eggs here done for this year.

Last week I got my first 0 egg day since my older girls began laying in March of 2014. I am getting a pretty steady 1 or 2 now. So much different than their first winter....

I got 4 duck eggs today and 3 chicken. I was super stoked. One of my girls is finishing up molting so I'm not sure if she will just call it quits till spring or if I'll get a few out of her soon. 3 others are due to molt so I dunno what will happen.

I have three ducks, 2 hens and 1 drake. I know the one hen is a crested, but no idea what the others are. I bought them in mid March from TSC, and they have been laying an egg each every day since August. I've only had one duck skip one day since they started.

I have three ducks, 2 hens and 1 drake. I know the one hen is a crested, but no idea what the others are. I bought them in mid March from TSC, and they have been laying an egg each every day since August. I've only had one duck skip one day since they started.

Wow, that's great egg production. The crested looks like a Black Swedish I'm not an expert so I will leave the others to the pros
welcome-byc.gif

For the last 3 weeks, we have been getting 1 egg. It looks like the same egg every time, so I now believe that all my ducks have shut down completely for the winter but one duck hasn't gotten the memo and is in full production shooting out an egg every day. So today I pull up the surveillance... at 5:30 in the morning while all the other ducks were sleeping 1 duck got up, made an impromptu nest and laid an egg. That was our Blue Swedish... Roxette. Now I know why she thinks she gets meal worms out of every handful... She's the only one working
gig.gif

For the last 3 weeks, we have been getting 1 egg. It looks like the same egg every time, so I now believe that all my ducks have shut down completely for the winter but one duck hasn't gotten the memo and is in full production shooting out an egg every day. So today I pull up the surveillance... at 5:30 in the morning while all the other ducks were sleeping 1 duck got up, made an impromptu nest and laid an egg. That was our Blue Swedish... Roxette. Now I know why she thinks she gets meal worms out of every handful... She's the only one working
gig.gif
That pic of her working every situation tells is all, bless her heart. Good for her. lol

Pearl layed the biggest egg I've ever seen yesterday.

Left to right: Jumbo chicken egg (2.5oz), Pearl's normal egg (3oz), and yesterday's monstrosity (4.7oz)

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones.

Back
Top Bottom