Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Thanks for your responses i have invested hundreds of dollars in marans ,but none seem to lay very dark eggs ,maybe its time to try a new breed of dark egg layers
smile.png

Thanks for your responses i have invested hundreds of dollars in marans ,but none seem to lay very dark eggs ,maybe its time to try a new breed of dark egg layers
smile.png
efran-- how dark are you looking for? AMong the marans, the BCM is supposed to lay the darkest. Afew breeders as far as I have read, can get 7' and 8's, but apparently a 4-5 is more typical. My marans lay darker than any other breed I have. maybe some folks can post some of their winter eggs for a " beauty" contest.

hi silkie-- BYC upgraded its format in spring 2012, so a few things changed. I'm not techinically savvy- but I'm teachable!!
big_smile.png

'' All I do is when I am replying to a thread or comment, pic, etc. , there will be a little box, is has a little orange and white house and a sun in the pic box, I click that and browse my files, then pick the pic I want, and boom! Lol hope I helped!

See? ^^^

Back
Top Bottom