Dark Egg Breeds Thread

From what I understand the "French Black Copper Maran" birds have the feathered feet and lay the darkest of all the eggs. Then there are the "Black Copper Maran" bird that DO NOT have the feathered feet but still lay dark eggs.

I also have light brahmas and none of my feather footed birds have or had feet problems or mites. I hope this helps.

Quote:
Honestly I think if someone called their birds just plain 'ol Black Coppers, they're still in the 90% likelyhood to be French.
wink.png

I personally would find it so tiring to call my Wheatens, Blue Wheatens, and Black Coppers "french" all the time. . . It's easy enough to see in photos that they have feathered shanks. If someone does not mention such in their own birds, I ask.

The only color variety that needs clarification are Cuckoos, since there are SO many clean legged ones and not many "French" type.

Quote:
Honestly I think if someone called their birds just plain 'ol Black Coppers, they're still in the 90% likelyhood to be French.
wink.png

I personally would find it so tiring to call my Wheatens, Blue Wheatens, and Black Coppers "french" all the time. . . It's easy enough to see in photos that they have feathered shanks. If someone does not mention such in their own birds, I ask.

The only color variety that needs clarification are Cuckoos, since there are SO many clean legged ones and not many "French" type.

Agreed......wouldn't the PC term be French American???
wink.png
big_smile.png
(I'm just being funny, no offense meant to anyone!
smile.png
)

For the U.S., the proposed standard does NOT use "French" in the name of the breed. They are named by their color - Black Copper, Blue Copper, Wheaten...Marans.
thumbsup.gif

morning all....Lots to do today, getting ready for X-mas... only 2 weeks and one day before pipping!!! It always takes so long for those fuzzy butts.

ya get some snow? Sounds like you are bout to this weekend..Keep them dark eggie layers in !!!!
smile.png
Any pics?? When are your fuzzies due?

Quote:
ep.gif
Did you say a 4 letter word? Snow?!?!?!?!? Are you serious? I have to be in Forest Grove tomorrow......and have many folks coming on Sunday to pick up some birds....MUST DOWNSIZE!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom