Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Quote:
This doesn't surprise me. Donna was very successful with that flock and from all I could tell that didn't seem to sit well with some people.
lol.png

I don't think it phased her in the least. She seems to me to be a friendly, good-natured person.

I hope he doesn't let that kind of thing bother him either.
smile.png

Donna was very nice and helpful in her response to me. Unfortunately, Jim did let people get to him. Thus, why he decided to sell all of his Marans. I'm buying the Black Copper and Wheaten flocks from him. With all of the positive things said about BHB Marans, I'm willing to ignore the bad attitudes to enjoy some really amazing birds!
smile.png

Quote:
This doesn't surprise me. Donna was very successful with that flock and from all I could tell that didn't seem to sit well with some people.
lol.png

I don't think it phased her in the least. She seems to me to be a friendly, good-natured person.

smile.png

Donna was very nice and helpful in her response to me. Unfortunately, Jim did let people get to him. Thus, why he decided to sell all of his Marans. I'm buying the Black Copper and Wheaten flocks from him. With all of the positive things said about BHB Marans, I'm willing to ignore the bad attitudes to enjoy some really amazing birds!
smile.png

That's just wonderful.
jumpy.gif
Congratulations! I'll be calling you!
lol.png
You're in my neck of the woods and if you are planning to sell eggs I will probably want some more of them
smile.png

FYI, I wouldn't pass on those Golden Cuckoos either if I were you-they were beautiful too. And I think her Cuckoo stock came from Bill Braden originally. At least her Silver Cuckoos did, I am not 100% certain about the Goldens.

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png

smile.png

smile.png

congrats, I wasn't grump or anything, I'm just so protective that I get very-mother-henish when i see them all muddy....good luck I'm so happy for you, I'm sure they will be awesome

I'm breeding Wheaten Marans because I think they are gorgeous, I love their eggs and I have FUN...isn't that what's is about...who needs the whole energy-sucker thing

Quote:
smile.png

That's just wonderful.
jumpy.gif
Congratulations! I'll be calling you!
lol.png
You're in my neck of the woods and if you are planning to sell eggs I will probably want some more of them
smile.png

FYI, I wouldn't pass on those Golden Cuckoos either if I were you-they were beautiful too. And I think her Cuckoo stock came from Bill Braden originally. At least her Silver Cuckoos did, I am not 100% certain about the Goldens.

Ditto I would love some goldens for my eye candy layer flock..really hard to find good eggs

I'm breeding Wheaten Marans because I think they are gorgeous, I love their eggs and I have FUN...isn't that what's is about...who needs the whole energy-sucker thing

Agreed!
clap.gif

Agreed X's 2 Those goldens from Bill Braden stock.... Off the hook...
droolin.gif
I had one!!! just one... Didn't keep em....No one was interested in them a couple years ago... Funny how trends go..
smile.png
She was such a nice fat bird. Congrats on the bird snaggin... I am in awe...lucky ducky... The wheaties.. Well we will all want pix Harris5... that is the rule....No getting birds if we don't get a SUBSTANTIAL pictorial... National Geographic type spread!!! LOL
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes for sure!
I wish I had more space and fewer neighbors or I would want to get that GC flock. I think more people should be working on the GCs. We're all just breeding the BCMs mainly.
idunno.gif

Ya ditto... That is a great deal on them!!!! REALLY... I wish I live closer...I would snatch em up.

Quote:
If I just didn't have so many roosters
tongue.gif

I would love to be the care taker of the BHB GC flock
love.gif

but... I love my little roosters too
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom