Day 16 for Coturnix Quail—absolutely nothing!

Possibly! I’m starting to wonder that now.

Anywho, we’re halfway done with day 17 and we got our first pip! :wee
Hi! Any updates on the quail? I’m nearing the end of day 17 for my quail eggs and still no signs of chirping or pipping. They were alive and moving when I candled them on day 15 before putting them into lockdown. Any advice? I’m starting to get worried.

Hi! Any updates on the quail? I’m nearing the end of day 17 for my quail eggs and still no signs of chirping or pipping. They were alive and moving when I candled them on day 15 before putting them into lockdown. Any advice? I’m starting to get worried.
All but 2 ended up hatching! Some were on day 18, but I think the majority hatched on day 19-20! I don’t remember seeing a lot of movement or chirping on the days leading up to the hatching. Just leave them in the incubator and find something to take your mind off of them hatching. You got this!

All but 2 ended up hatching! Some were on day 18, but I think the majority hatched on day 19-20! I don’t remember seeing a lot of movement or chirping on the days leading up to the hatching. Just leave them in the incubator and find something to take your mind off of them hatching. You got this!
Thanks! This really helps. I'll post an update when they hatch!

Thanks! This really helps. I'll post an update when they hatch!
Update time! One of them just hatched, and only stops chirping when I’m there. One of them pipped while the other one was hatching, and 2 more have popped internally. I’ll post photos of the one that’s hatched already in the morning. I’ve decided to name him Hercules and he’s a ‘pharaoh’ (dark brown w/ gold stripes).

Update time! One of them just hatched, and only stops chirping when I’m there. One of them pipped while the other one was hatching, and 2 more have popped internally. I’ll post photos of the one that’s hatched already in the morning. I’ve decided to name him Hercules and he’s a ‘pharaoh’ (dark brown w/ gold stripes).
Now 2 have hatched and another one has pipped, but i'm starting to get worried about the other 2 eggs. One of them has pipped internally, but seems to be struggling a lot. The other one is moving, but hasn't yet pipped internally. Any advice?

Now 2 have hatched and another one has pipped, but i'm starting to get worried about the other 2 eggs. One of them has pipped internally, but seems to be struggling a lot. The other one is moving, but hasn't yet pipped internally. Any advice?

I’m just seeing this! Did anymore end up hatching? I’d generally say give it more time.

I’m just seeing this! Did anymore end up hatching? I’d generally say give it more time.
One of the five eggs got shrink-wrapped while hatching, and another hatched and I think it was mentally ill or blind because it kept running into walls. It was the last to hatch, so it was super small. His name was Walter, and I could only keep him safe during the day. I tried my best but he drowned in a water tray that was less than 1cm deep overnight. I was devastated, as it's my first time hatching Quail.

However, the other three hatched. One hatched in my hand and his name is Hercules, another hatched and his name is Spot, and the 3rd one to hatch is named George. He almost got shrink wrapped too, but I saved him just in time. He is a rare Egyptian Fee, and is super cute! Now all of them follow me around the house.

Here are some photos of them huddling in my hand. They all do this whenever they get the chance, and know to line up in this way so I can scratch all of their necks at once!

Attachments

• PXL_20230520_211847100.jpg
    PXL_20230520_211847100.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20230519_015750445.jpg
    PXL_20230519_015750445.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 15
Another update! They all just had their first dust bath and it was so cute! I didn't get a video though. Idk why George is silver, and apparently Hercules is a Grau Fee. George is male, and the others are female ♥️

Attachments

• PXL_20230603_085051050.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230603_085051050.MP.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20230606_074556535.jpg
    PXL_20230606_074556535.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom