Day 16 for Coturnix Quail—absolutely nothing!

Quail take 18 days to hatch...
Hi I had got 10 fertile quail eggs and put them in my incubator and have 80% humidity and it’s day 19 and none of them hatched , I’ve been checking them to see if any of them hatched and none of them hatched, I don’t know what to do, or if I just wait?, or I don’t know cause I haven’t seen any pipping, or moving, and one of them rotted today so i opened that one and that one had a baby, not fully developed ,but, looked like it died in early stage, I also candled some and looks like there is a baby but not hatched yet, please help, I don’t know what to do , or if they’re going to hatch or not

Hi I had got 10 fertile quail eggs and put them in my incubator and have 80% humidity and it’s day 19 and none of them hatched , I’ve been checking them to see if any of them hatched and none of them hatched, I don’t know what to do, or if I just wait?, or I don’t know cause I haven’t seen any pipping, or moving, and one of them rotted today so i opened that one and that one had a baby, not fully developed ,but, looked like it died in early stage, I also candled some and looks like there is a baby but not hatched yet, please help, I don’t know what to do , or if they’re going to hatch or not
80% humidity would kill birds in my incubator.

What had you kept the humidity at for the first 15 days?

Did you salt test a humidity gauge?
Are you trusting the incubators built-in in humidity gauge?

Did you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your Bator?

80% humidity would kill birds in my incubator.

What had you kept the humidity at for the first 15 days?

Did you salt test a humidity gauge?
Are you trusting the incubators built-in in humidity gauge?

Did you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your Bator?
I have my own humidity gauge so I put that in the incubator and it’s at 70-80% humidity right now my incubator shows what temperature it’s at tho

Ohh but when I keep the humidity to 50-60 it keeps saying dry
50% is too high for quail eggs.

I think your temperature and humidity were both more off than you realize.

The number one rule when using an incubator is to never trust the built-in temperature reading or humidity reading.
Always have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator at all times and salt test your own humidity gauge.

Order one of these...I bet you will be quit surprised at the difference your Bator says vs what it says.

I have 2 in my Bator right now. Two of these plus 3 other thermometers and another humidity gauge. My incubator is in the shape of a square and by having multiple instruments placed in different areas, I can look at one glance and see how different the temperature is in multiple spots.

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Hygrom...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom