Day 16 for Coturnix Quail—absolutely nothing!

MaryC96

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2023
Hello all!

I’m totally new to this forum so I hope I’m in the right place.

This is my husband’s and I first time hatching Coturnix quail and everything has been going smoothly. Temp has been 99.5 and humidity has been 50% for Days 1-14. For lockdown humidity is now at 65% and temp is the same.

If it helps we are using a Nurture Right 360 for an incubator.

We are less than 12 hours from the end of day 16 and we haven’t noticed anything with our quail eggs. No movement, pipping, etc. We candled our quail before lockdown and threw away the ones that weren’t fertile. The ones that were fertile we saw movement inside. Has anyone had this before and are we okay? I’ve seen so many people say they get pipping and zipping on day 15 and 16. Some even hatch on day 16 and 17 so I’m getting concerned!

Thank you for your time and help! :)

Hello all!

I’m totally new to this forum so I hope I’m in the right place.

This is my husband’s and I first time hatching Coturnix quail and everything has been going smoothly. Temp has been 99.5 and humidity has been 50% for Days 1-14. For lockdown humidity is now at 65% and temp is the same.

If it helps we are using a Nurture Right 360 for an incubator.

We are less than 12 hours from the end of day 16 and we haven’t noticed anything with our quail eggs. No movement, pipping, etc. We candled our quail before lockdown and threw away the ones that weren’t fertile. The ones that were fertile we saw movement inside. Has anyone had this before and are we okay? I’ve seen so many people say they get pipping and zipping on day 15 and 16. Some even hatch on day 16 and 17 so I’m getting concerned!

Thank you for your time and help! :)
Congrats on the 1st time!! I saw no movement or pipping until day 18-19. Some babies take longer to hatch than others. Quail can sometimes hatch as late as 22 days. Keep us updated and best of luck!!:jumpy

Congrats on the 1st time!! I saw no movement or pipping until day 18-19. Some babies take longer to hatch than others. Quail can sometimes hatch as late as 22 days. Keep us updated and best of luck!!:jumpy
Thank you! I was starting to think I was going crazy since I wasn’t seeing anything yet! :)

Thank you! I was starting to think I was going crazy since I wasn’t seeing anything yet! :)
You're good! I was practically glued to my incubator when I had my quail eggs in... funny enough, I had to leave town for a day or two and when I got home, 2 had just hatched and the others quickly followed ;)

Back
Top Bottom