Ddi anybody else buy mini geese from Holerreads?

banter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Raymond Maine
They are cute and very feisty. Two look like domestic geese, and one female defiantly looks as though she has some wild goose blood in her background. They are very active and curious. They are eating well and I'm pleased so far with their temperament. The first pics are the females, the last is th male. They are color sexed.

goslings366.jpg

goslings365-1.jpg

goslings364-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Boy do you have me drooling! I checked and they are sold out till fall. I am going to put a deposit down on some. They will run me around $350 for a trio(including shipping)! Thats steep but I think they will be the next "new craze". Please keep us informed on how yours do.

I can't afford them right now
sad.png
anyone that wins the lotto and wants to share, I'm your gal lol.

But I really love seeing yours, please keep us updated and if you get eggs and would like to sell some please let me know

Julie

They would probably have Cackler(?) geese in them. Which from my understanding is a "mini" Canada goose. I know if I were to create a mini goose, that's where I would start.

Snow Goose?Cackler? No! The first two are obviously Pilgrim girls and the last one is a Pilgrim Gander....look at the Holderread Website, they are Pilgrim, which,by the way are one of the calmest breeds of geese and are auto-sexing from day one.Not tryin' to be rude just tellin' ya'!

They have the coloring of a pilgrim BUT they are extremly small . So tell me how they got small pilgrims ? The Obviously had to bring in other breeds that are smaller and by looking at the beak of the geese you can see wild goose in them !Not trying to be rude just letting you know
smile.png

He must have used Pilgrim, and prob Shetland. When I emailed them about the background they stated that they also used a Lesser White Breasted/Domestic mix in the breeding program. They are supposed to be color sexed.

Back
Top Bottom