De-worming chickens.

I didn't worry about it after I wormed my chickens if the dogs did eat it they did not get sick. I think he should be fine. Good luck.

I have the Wazine, the dosing is for 100 chickens I have 5 they won't drink gallons of water in 10 days. How did you figure out how much to give them?

I emptied my water bucket which holds 3 gallons I mixed the amount it stated per gallon then filled I left it for 24 hours then dumped the left over out and cleaned the water bucket and filled with fresh water. Make sure that the treated water is their only water for 24 hours. Then in 10 days follow up with a second wormer. Good luck.

Wazine dosage is one ounce per one gallon of water. That'll be enough for 24 hours for 5 chickens. It's best to put it out for them first thing in the morning prior to letting them out for the day, they will be thirsty and will readily drink the treated water. It must be their sole source of water to drink for 24 hours as Schellie69 stated.

Hi, Hope no one minds me joining in on this thread.
smile.png

I live in Thailand and am wanting to worm my 6 month old Brahma chickens for the very first time. I've been to the feed store here and found some Perazine A.N.B. I'm not sure if this is the right thing to be worming my chickens with and wanted to check with others here first please.

It is a powder, and the packet says, "Each 50g contains Piperazine Citrate equivalent to piperazine citrate anhydrous 41.0 g"

It then goes on to say, "Peranzine A.N.B. is brand of Piperazine Citrate are effective against most or certain species of roundworms, pinworms, in the dog and certain strongyles infecting domestic animals and cecal worms in chickens".

If this wormer is correct to use, then my question is: what dosage should I use please for just 3 chickens?

The dosage on the packet says, "Poultry 250 mg in ascarides infestation or 500 mg in Capillaria infestation"

All advice is greatly appreciated as I'm finding it difficult to make sense of the dosage instructions LOL

Thanks
big_smile.png

Hey, I have about 40 chickens and only about 4 of them are laying...the youngest hens (which is the majority of them) are about 30 weeks and still no eggs...we are thinking a good dose of wormer may be in the cards for us....but I was reading the info on WAZINE and it says "not for egg laying adult hens" would my hens fall into this category? My oldest hens are about a year old. my oldest (only one oldie) is almost 3. They are all together and if I put it in their water it would go to everyone...I just dont want anyone getting sick.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
One reason why you might not be getting eggs is the loss of daylight hours. Mine have slacked off laying as well and some of them are in molt. They normally dont lay during molt, yours are too young to molt except for your oldest chicken.
It also states on the bottle of wazine "do not medicate prior to slaughter within 14 days for turkeys and chickens." If the chicken is good to eat after the 14th day, so are the eggs. Prior to the 14th day, discard the eggs or feed them to your dog(s) but not your chickens.

Its not the lack of daylight, they have an insulated coop with a heat lamp (and it gets nice and toasty in there)

I spoke to the manager of the place we got them from, he said he got his the exact same time we did and his have been laying for almost 2 months now. Hes confused too. I would just like a little breakfast now and again
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom