Detached air cells! Advice!

Ashleyboz

Songster
Oct 27, 2023
I received fertilized eggs via USPS for the second time ever. Read a bunch about letting them set for 24 hours and did all that. I did read an article that stated candle before putting in to make sure that the air cells are attached. I ordered six they sent nine and nine are detached. I need help ASAP.

I suggest you incubate them vertically fat end up, only start to turn them after 4 days by tilting them ~45 degrees this way and that while also rotating the egg 1/4 a turn. You can set them in egg cartons to incubate if you don't have a vertical incubator but you'll have to hand turn them several times a day.

I've only incubated eggs twice and both times there were shipped eggs. Some that had completely detached air cells hatched so there is hope. On my second incubation journey I noticed a trend, it seems shipped eggs have more quitters than local eggs so keep that in mind and don't be counting chicks before they hatch!

I suggest you incubate them vertically fat end up, only start to turn them after 4 days by tilting them ~45 degrees this way and that while also rotating the egg 1/4 a turn. You can set them in egg cartons to incubate if you don't have a vertical incubator but you'll have to hand turn them several times a day.

I've only incubated eggs twice and both times there were shipped eggs. Some that had completely detached air cells hatched so there is hope. On my second incubation journey I noticed a trend, it seems shipped eggs have more quitters than local eggs so keep that in mind and don't be counting chicks before they hatch!
Perfect. That’s great advice thank you! I have a GQF 1500 incubator and honestly usually always have my personal in cartons. I’ve always had great hatch rates. Shipped ones have given me too much anxiety lol! Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom