Developing my own breeds of gamefowl and bantam

Pics
Bad news one of my 3 month old jungle fowl pullet died last night
And there’s no rooster in that batch and my jungle fowl brood cock died months ago so I am going to get a rooster and 3 hens on Monday and I have also seen that silver Phoenix even though I don’t like their long tails but they are good flyers and good mothers so I am going to get a pair also will get some pictures hopefully Monday

Just picked my birds up got a nice jungle fowl rooster and three jungle fowl hens and then my silver Phoenix pair and the Breeder threw in a Phoenix x red jungle fowl hen I will get some pictures either tonight or tomorrow

It seems to me that you could just throw them all into the same pen/free ranging and they can just breed at random and the end result would be what works for your area.
Seems to me that the genetics you have would fairly quickly determine the survivors. I imagine the Phoenix hen will be fine, but the cock could have some problems because of length of tail. The Jungle fowl x Phoenix crosses should be exceptional in a few years.

Oops the jungle fowl x silver Phoenix is a 2 month old rooster yes I will probably pen up this spring a hen of all my breeds to my Phoenix x red Jungle fowl and I had a major set back my American game rooster died
E4CE852C-4BD8-4293-8E3A-862FB4054091.jpeg
so I am not going to be able to cross him to my jungle fowl hens but thankfully I can cross my jungle fowl rooster to my American game hens

F72C41C8-4FEE-4FB6-87C5-5A9075341910.jpeg

D1A7B646-A6F3-4D1B-A2DD-91C8FCE32196.jpeg
very impressed with my silver Phoenix rooster and hen they are very athletic very alert and quick birds I think my Phoenix hen might actually have be the mother of the Phoenix x Jungle fowl cockerel
FAAE5763-0ECC-438B-9690-074E24B4B9BA.jpeg
F6FE9D9E-4C1F-471D-8F03-38941507440B.jpeg
I am also very happy about this little guy this is the Phoenix x jungle fowl cockerel
DC058CA7-8602-4BF0-B0B1-89CCBC0EEDB0.jpeg
42F653F9-1966-4747-ADCD-0E9DCFFF91AE.jpeg
BC2E3068-96E9-44BD-ACF4-617BAE34629D.jpeg
the jungle fowl are great the rooster is beautiful the hens are great I put the hen that I talked about in post #79 so he has 4 hens great birds

They should do very well!!! I have high hawk activity on my farm phoenix crosses do extremely well. Phoenix x sumuntras in particular. Also you can breed out those long tails easily.

They should do very well!!! I have high hawk activity on my farm phoenix crosses do extremely well. Phoenix x sumuntras in particular. Also you can breed out those long tails easily.
I saw a adult Phoenix x jungle fowl rooster it looked like a jungle fowl in frame but silver/ gold

Can you show some pictures of your Phoenix crosses

Back
Top Bottom