Developing my own breeds of gamefowl and bantam

Pics
and does anyone have pictures of hens that are hybrids between partridge colored breeds and wheaten colored breeds

Two chick out of the clutch ended up hatching they both are lankys chicks they are 25% OEGB 75% RJF hopefully they turn out good
EC132678-B91C-4C5C-9BFB-9D44FA5BC251.jpeg
9CF0916D-5860-40E5-8D12-8E219794EBDC.jpeg

He has a good personality and very good with the hens the ones I thought were off of him were actually off of lanky

Got some good news and bad news and some bad the good news is that at lest one egg out of the incubator hatched this is the first incubator batch I’ve had one hatch bad news is that a Bob cat ended up eating one but if wasn’t for survivor lady of the chicks but he probably would have eaten all the chicks before I got out there it appears that she was defending the chicks because her beak was bloody but maybe not but I hope so

I hatched 4 more lanky to american Gamefowl chicks I will try to post some pictures this weekend

B76F13BF-900F-42DA-A98A-CFF49A16DF16.jpeg
I was able to get a picture this morning I thought I got 4 chicks off lanky this hatch but actually I got 3 the one in the middle is actually off the Bruges F rooster I hope it is a hen that way I can breed back to the Bruges F I will post more pictures in a couple weeks

Well I was away from the house from Friday mid morning to Saturday night and over this time I figured maybe I might loose one but I wasn’t too concerned. When I got home lanky, and two buff Orpington pullets were gone. Foghorn was on top of the coop so I put him back in on his roost when I got up around 6 ish the coop was Just full of foghorns feathers and lankys mom wasn’t with the two other free rangers . I looked around a little and I found a small pile of her feathers. So I have just lost five chickens in two days I think it might have been the same predator as the one that killed half my flock last October. There is some good news at first I thought that the Bruges F x American GF would be a black chick but I think I saw a couple months ago someone on here said that there liege chicks that were chipmunk colored usually were roosters and the ones that were black usually were hens so if that is right it looks like I might have a rooster. All the chicks in that batch seem to be looking pretty good so now I just have to see how they turn out

Back
Top Bottom