Developing the grass in your yard for increasing free ranging nutrition

ahhh . . suppression clothe-- that is a new one for me.

Hay = weed seeds. Where ever I have fed the horses the seeds germinate. lol SO I keep hay out of my garden hence I was thinking about the compost as it is still textured and needs more rotting to do. ( SHavings and manure)

Bee , what is the "plastic" mulch-- doesn't quite look like plastic?

In the p ast I have tried using plastic woven grain bags-- NOT the best idea. It breaks down quickly into bits of plastic. Really bothers me. I cannot returen them for reuse; the company won't change back to paper . . . . just hate the plastic woven bags.  I like the idea of a mulch that is eco friendly. Maybe heaps of composted horse manure.

There is a company near-ish to me that converts odd plastics into usable oil. They take plastic feed bags and things like greenhouse plastic, regular plastic bags, nursery pots ... a huge list of things. The closest feed store has a drop point for that stuff at the loading dock. It's great!

I agree Bee's garden looks pretty and neat. My garden is usually productive (and doing great so far this year) however, it looks like it was planted and taken care of by the crazy cat lady who talks to herself and "expeiments" w/ the "weeds" she grows in her garden.
gig.gif

I'll take productive over neat any ol' day! I'm hoping to have both but that doesn't always follow...especially in the last several years. I can't say I've had a good garden since around 2006 and maybe even '07...either mother and I have both lost our touch or our environment has changed drastically, including the acidity of the soils.

I'm blaming the chemtrails.....

I agree Bee's garden looks pretty and neat. My garden is usually productive (and doing great so far this year) however, it looks like it was planted and taken care of by the crazy cat lady who talks to herself and "expeiments" w/ the "weeds" she grows in her garden.
gig.gif
lau.gif
my garden probably resembles yours in a poor pathetic sense of things!

I just turned over my planting bed that grows outside my chicken's yard that will grow morning shade for them. I'll be planting 12' sunflowers that are supposed to grow quickly, I'll also plant sugar baby pumpkins to grow up the fence and maybe secure the sunflowers against the fence when the wind starts doing its thing and east of those, I have 6 tomato plants that are in need of repotting so I think I'll put them in the ground instead!
roll.png

Last edited:
Wish I could do a garden, but not this year.... new place, sand for soil, and too much other stuff to deal with. Hopefully all the other projects will be done or at least under control so that I can set up a garden next year. Really want to start canning and preserving to save a little money and eat better. I guess I'll make next spring's projects: (honey) bees and the garden. Not necessarily in that order
hu.gif

Last edited:
Wish I could do a garden, but not this year.... new place, sand for soil, and too much other stuff to deal with. Hopefully all the other projects will be done or at least under control so that I can set up a garden next year. Really want to start canning and preserving to save a little money and eat better. I guess I'll make next spring's projects: (honey) bees and the garden. Not necessarily in that order
hu.gif
Don't forget the value of a potted plat-- a big tomato plant like the cherry tomatos never stop producing, and the cukes that can be trained to a trellis stuck into a pot ( and supported) . . .endless possibilites. Gotta have at least a tomato !!

Tomatos are the #1 produced veg/ fruit item in the US.

Don't forget the value of a potted plat-- a big tomato plant like the cherry tomatos never stop producing, and the cukes that can be trained to a trellis stuck into a pot ( and supported) . . .endless possibilites. Gotta have at least a tomato !!

Tomatos are the #1 produced veg/ fruit item in the US.

I don't eat raw tomatoes
hide.gif
but I absolutely LOVE to make pasta sauces out of them, and freeze them then eat THAT with NO hesitation whatsoever
celebrate.gif
We'll see over the next few days... Thanks for the boost Arielle
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom