Deworming chickens

Wow! You are still promoting Wazine after what the article YOU posted said!? The article I posted has a lot of good information on worming chickens, pumpkin seeds is only one thing...take it or leave it, just sharing.
Which part? The withdrawal? Did you know that in Canada and other countries there is no withdrawal for Wazine when used in egg laying chickens? With the exception of a few drugs, all FDA approved human and animal medications can be used in laying hens. It's up to you and your vet to come up with a withdrawal plan.

Just joined officially, and wanted to express my gratitude to everyone on this thread. I'm deworming my flock today, and thanks to all the information provided here, I'm confident that this will be successful. I'm so glad I have a stockpile of eggs right now, lol.

Just joined officially, and wanted to express my gratitude to everyone on this thread. I'm deworming my flock today, and thanks to all the information provided here, I'm confident that this will be successful. I'm so glad I have a stockpile of eggs right now, lol.
Welcome to BYC!

Funny, you can't buy Rooster Booster Multi-Wormer right now, I'm wondering if that might have been discontinued or something.
The original formula had hygromycin b in it, which is an antibiotic. January 01, 2017, almost all antibiotics that could be added to food or water became prescription only, and hygromycin wagon that list.

Last edited:
I am sooo confused!!!

I live in Arco Idaho... I have 7 laying hens, a rooster, 24 geese, 2 goats and 1 mammoth and 1 mini donkey... everybody seems to eat everybodys poop...

I have never wormed any of my birds and would love to know an easy way to do so that will take care of whatever worms we may be dealing with... as I have NO idea...

I need the easiest remedy possible please... my geese are NOT friendly so picking them up at any time and worming them is NOT going to happen
most of my chickens will tolerate me getting hold of them when roosting...

Thank you

I am sooo confused!!!

I live in Arco Idaho... I have 7 laying hens, a rooster, 24 geese, 2 goats and 1 mammoth and 1 mini donkey... everybody seems to eat everybodys poop...

I have never wormed any of my birds and would love to know an easy way to do so that will take care of whatever worms we may be dealing with... as I have NO idea...

I need the easiest remedy possible please... my geese are NOT friendly so picking them up at any time and worming them is NOT going to happen
most of my chickens will tolerate me getting hold of them when roosting...

Thank you
Do they have worms?

Do they have worms?
I don’t know...
I know they are not pooping well and they are not laying like they had been... we had been struggling with mites but I believe I now have that under control
The poop is sometimes red... sometimes watery and the one is just struggling to poop

I have had the chickens for 6 months and have not wormed them and we are coming into fall so was looking up what is easiest way to do this... 4 of the geese I have had for over 2 years and never wormed them them nor the two last hatches of goslings.

Back
Top Bottom