Deworming chickens

I would just like to add that I have not wormed my hens in 4 years. I have, on very rare occasions, seen a round worm in poop but the problem has not recurred or escalated and it is probably over a year since I last saw one. It may well depend on your climate and management although I do not do anything particularly drastic to prevent worms. I do believe in having faecal float tests done and I keep a keen eye out for anything unusual in by chicken's poops. I therefore do not think routine worming is always necessary depending on your circumstances but being well informed on the subject and observant is important if you do not routinely worm.

Just wanted to make mention of this to balance the thread in case people reading it assume flocks must be wormed regularly.

Is this a worm?

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_133750806.jpg
    IMG_20191005_133750806.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 16
This is the third time this week. I just got her from a friend about two weeks ago, she's only a couple months old
Go ahead and get her started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5cc's per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh each day, dont add anything else to the mixture and it must be made fresh each day. It can be found in the cattle section in a feed store.

[QUOTE SafeGuard Goat wormer or horse paste will treat all but tapeworms.
[/QUOTE]

We just brought home 15 new hens and find they have worms really bad. If we used the goat wormer or horse paste how much would we give them and do we need to forego egg use afterwards? They are grown and most of them are already laying how long would we give up the eggs. Shells are really thin also.

I know this conversation was a long time ago but I wasn't a member then and we just got these infested babys.

Back
Top Bottom