Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just downloaded it too! Sure thing
CrudBuckets! Temp went down in the bator for almost two hrs! and humidity around 30% Rain had stopped last night,,, other than that, I have NO idea why! room temp the same! ugggg did I mention I am really feelin beat with this? I want a set it and forget it bator! Come on silkie girl!

Lol what kinda bator are you using,I'm on day 11 I believe and I don't think I'm going to candle again I just hope most of my sizzles and frizzles hatch lol I been incubating by a PDF I found online by Texas a & m poultry and so far not to bad.

Lol what kinda bator are you using,I'm on day 11 I believe and I don't think I'm going to candle again I just hope most of my sizzles and frizzles hatch lol I been incubating by a PDF I found online by Texas a & m poultry and so far not to bad.
do u have the link?

Farm Innovators Model 2200 Circulated Air Incubator

Oh I think you're fine! Down where we are humidity often runs at 80degrees+ (in the natural air) so I think ours is a special case because of our geographical location, plus an extremely awesome hubbie who watches our electric bill so we run our a/c at 80 degrees - think HOT and HUMID
big_smile.png
. I can't tell you what the internal humidity of the bator was because we did not measure it, we just followed the instructions and filled it with water as per instructions. Our first two hatches were awful and then we removed water for our next one, which helped significantly, so we haven't used water since

I think you're going to be fine!!! Enjoy the process. Wait till day 6/7 when you candle - I am sure that you are going to have some success. The experts can advise you on whether you should remove the water ... I, personally think that 52% is just fine. I know you will probably think I'm crazy, but they have done experiments with plants and played music - soft, classical type music - which had an influence on how well the plants grew. Play some really lovely, soothing, spa like music in the room you have the bator, so it not only helps your chickies (I know that's a debatable concept), but creates an atmosphere of calm so when you walk into the room it relaxes you so you can think clearly and not stress about the process, but enjoy it :)

p.s I love you post and am so looking forward to seeing how things progress - this thread is already full of AWESOME info!!!
p.p.s ... I've don't both ie bought day old chicks and incubate and there is NOTHING like hatching your own chicks ... I promise it will be worth all the stress!!!
ya.gif

Well, even if it doesn't affect the eggs, it will help SS feel calmer!
wink.png

CULLED!! EGGTOPSY (NOTES: Blue Silkie A Culled NEW MEANING to the words USPS "SCRAMBLED" My EGGS!!! See pics, need I say more??

This was one of the eggs noted with a AIR CELL MOVING END to END apon rcvg. eg

Pic below.eggtopsy.. Small "sappy" spot on egg plus alot of running wetnes. I didnt candle because it was gross.broken in the ziplock very carefully too, looks the same as first sappy egg but now the scrambled egg is a bit browner.

Culled Blue Silkie A egg found at AM turn today, 6th day in. pics below......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom