Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day Six is today another one bites the dust hey hey

Well I just pray BLESSING over your remainding eggs ... when all else fails, PRAY!!!!!
fl.gif
(Me .... praying)

Well I just pray BLESSING over your remainding eggs ... when all else fails, PRAY!!!!!
fl.gif
(Me .... praying)
goodpost.gif
you know it! Thank you!! I pray for all these little guys, if I cant do it I get to be there when you all do!!
highfive.gif

GET the KINDLIN! I'm a gonna start a fire in this Bator!!! What the jimney Crickets????

You all are gonna think I am wacked, or even more!

Since I cant get the humidity down from 60% and the WELLS are ALL EMPTY and with a constantly running room dehumidifier, I figured I would go out and get a small outdoor/indoor temp & humid gage, just to check the humidity, and while I was at it I picked up TWO small floating aquarium thermometers $1.99 ea....

So the temp on the ORIGINAL two "little giant" thermometers as well as the combo temp/humd reptile gage have all been reading ok and both pretty close to the exact same temps....99.5 when I put all the new thermometers and temp/humid gage in there and checked after two hours... the 3 NEW ALL say 97 degrees even the digital!!!

SO now I know......

ALL three Humidity gages are the same so I know THOSE ARE OK!! HOWEVER TOOOOO HIGH!! find the matches!

QUESTION is .... which darn thermometer do I go with!!! ugggggg!!! Now the two aquarium could be wrong because they are meant to be in a aquarium correct? I am so sick and tired of second guessing myself!!

What I am doing is raising the temp and STILL going with the 3 originals to 100.5 just to make sure I am over that 97 mark IF THOSE ARE CORRECT, I figured this would work in either case... THOUGHTS?????

I bought two of the floating aquarium thermometers and calibrated them by putting them in ice water - if they read 32 F then they were accurate (they were) This has worked for me. By the way have you looked at Chookschick's guide to dry incubation -using the aquarium thermometers is what she recommends. You have to calibrate your hygrometer and your thermometers-they are not always accurate. You have to make sure they are accurate. It's truly annoying. They should be, but often they are not. I just bought an inexpensive probe thermometer made for aquariums by Coralife and its also used in reptile cages.. its perfectly accurate and it also does fractions. I like the floating thermometers but they are a little difficult to read though the incubator window...

I bought two of the floating aquarium thermometers and calibrated them by putting them in ice water - if they read 32 F then they were accurate (they were) This has worked for me. By the way have you looked at Chookschick's guide to dry incubation -using the aquarium thermometers is what she recommends. You have to calibrate your hygrometer and your thermometers-they are not always accurate. You have to make sure they are accurate. It's truly annoying. They should be, but often they are not. I just bought an inexpensive probe thermometer made for aquariums by Coralife and its also used in reptile cages.. its perfectly accurate and it also does fractions. I like the floating thermometers but they are a little difficult to read though the incubator window...
I have noticed hard to read too... how long do you keep them in the icewater before reading? thanks!

let your ice water stablize for a few minutes, 4-5 minutes, then put your thermometer in there and read at about 30 seconds or when you notice the mercury stop moving. How's it going trying to get the humidity down?

let your ice water stablize for a few minutes, 4-5 minutes, then put your thermometer in there and read at about 30 seconds or when you notice the mercury stop moving. How's it going trying to get the humidity down?
Its down to 50 now, I didnt do anything to make it go downeither... it just did it...I dont know what else I can do... I wonder if that seeping egg was the problem from last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom