Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
At day 7 you should be able to see egg veins and eye and definitely development. For those i would turn To a 45 degree angle each way. Many of the automatic turners keep the eggs upright and go 45 degrees each way anyway. Keep them in the cutouts. I did this for some terribly shipped eggs in the same condition as yours it sounds. Its so disappointing to receive them like that. Some hatched though. I watched them pretty closely though the hatch and a couple needed help. Good luck

Thank you! I should have asked for overnight shipping. I paid for 2-3 day priority but the postal service lost my package, so it was delayed and in transit for 4 days. An already long trip from FL to NY became much longer. I've never had this problem in the past but will always pay for overnight from now on. Yes, they are developing nicely. Full veining and active embryos. I don't have an automatic turner since I have the Brinsea Eco model. So I'm just hand tilting them, at a 45 degree angle, 3xday. I will re-candle on day 12 and am hoping to have all air cells reattached. I'm thinking of tracing air cells after lockdown, probably day 19, since mine usually hatch on day 20. But I'd like to trace after draw down starts, so I can see if any chicks need assistance. How did you know when the chicks needed help during hatch? I've had successful wrong end pippers hatch with assistance. But wondering what to look for at hatch time with these shipped eggs?

I know everyone has their opinion regarding humidity or to chose to dry hatch. I have a still-air styro and am having a hard time regulating my humidity. My temp is good at 99.5, so I'm fine there. Humidity started at 60 and now at 43.

Thank you in advance.

For still air incubators your temps need to be higher. 101-102 is recommended for still air. If your running dry and your humidity is still high, I think 60's is way too high, I found a product that has worked for me. I'll include a pic. It's carbon/charcoal mixture for moisture control. I found it at the dollar tree but amazon has it too. I put a small cup in my incubator and it brought humidity down from 55% to 25%. Be careful not to touch it or have it spill, if you decide to use it. Good luck. You may have a delayed hatch if your temps were running too low.

Can you please tell us where to buy the water weazel at. How much cost if you know.site phone name of company? And a picture. So we can see it.where do you put it.and how do we use it in incubator. I am new to these I sorry

[/IMG] we had same issues with ours and added my sons nebulizer and humidifier and vaporizer a fan a tape player that sounds baby chick noise all day. It was added to late for us on a hatch but it could be something to try.

I was doing some research today. I have a better solution for you. If you can go to your manual book or call the manufacturer. There is a upgrade part you can get for your incubator fan/heater unit.it allows more room on temp and humidity issues. We called the hatchy today they told us if you do anything other then manufacturers instructions your putting eggs at risk. Mes

Also I was reading that the egg turner on your incubator would help on your detached egg problem.sometimes it fixes it from shopping issues. Eggs our expensive. I know.i trying to help

Quote:
Thank you! I should have asked for overnight shipping. I paid for 2-3 day priority but the postal service lost my package, so it was delayed and in transit for 4 days. An already long trip from FL to NY became much longer. I've never had this problem in the past but will always pay for overnight from now on. Yes, they are developing nicely. Full veining and active embryos. I don't have an automatic turner since I have the Brinsea Eco model. So I'm just hand tilting them, at a 45 degree angle, 3xday. I will re-candle on day 12 and am hoping to have all air cells reattached. I'm thinking of tracing air cells after lockdown, probably day 19, since mine usually hatch on day 20. But I'd like to trace after draw down starts, so I can see if any chicks need assistance. How did you know when the chicks needed help during hatch? I've had successful wrong end pippers hatch with assistance. But wondering what to look for at hatch time with these shipped eggs?

I am not one to rush in and help a chick hatch but with these bad air cells it is oftentimes impossible for a chick to get into the correct position in order to hatch. For example, I had one chick start to pip then it bust out the other side with a claw...I never thought that was even possible. You can slant them so you can see when they pip and time it. If other chicks are hatching and pipping goes on and on or there is some failure to progress in pipping after an initial 12 hours, it is again often due to incorrect positioning. Not one of my wonky aircelled USPS chicks was positioned correctly!! But some did hatch! From memory 50%

you sound like us a house full of pets and kids, we our in the same boat.i am also a stay home parent of kids and pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom