Diatomaceous Earth

Specialk3749

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 17, 2012
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...but, I have a question about my diatomaceous earth.

I purchased a large 50lb bag, but I do not need that much. So, I listed it for sale on craigslist at $5 a pound, hoping to pay for my own as well as make a small profit. I have not had any interest. I was wondering if it is because I put too high of a price on it? Are there better place to advertise it? Thank in advance!

Maybe try selling it in larger quantities also, at a bit of a deal. 1 lb of DE seems like a small amount for most people that use it with any regularity. This is food grade correct? Make sure your ad it is very clear about that.

You could also try in advance next time asking if there is anyone who wants to just split a bag with you. Craigslist people are generally pretty cheap but in my experience finding ppl to share is pretty easy.

Last edited:
ChickensRDinos - Thank you for your reply! Yes, this is food grade and I have put that in my add. I know my daughter bought some several years ago and had no trouble getting rid of hers. So, that is why I am asking about why I am having a hard time getting rid of mine. I have tried listing it in several different areas as well....home & garden, health, pets, etc... So far nothing! I did put in my add I would sell it cheaper for those who want more than 10 lbs, but I am still wondering if my price is too high or if there just isn't anyone in my area who is looking for it?

I looked on my local craigslist to check (los angeles) and that seemed to be around the price that people had listed. There were a few up. I buy in bulk and have never tried to sell it so I am not completely sure what the issue is. Post on bulletins at the feed store around you perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom