Did I provoke my neighbor into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I feel the need to clarify - I never said "stand to the side & let others have there (sp) way", or "back down & give away (her) rights", I said the Christian thing to do would be to go and talk to the next door neighbor - .

understood
smile.png

I have a big 'ol knot in my stomach right now, because I'm afraid that I missed some little something that he can jump on and have my chickens taken away.

My gut is telling me to march my husband right over there and tell him that if he starts trying to make trouble for us, then he has no idea what trashy looks like. However, my heart is telling me to just ignore him and quit worrying about the "what if's" and do what I want to do. (Which is let my chickens out of their pen for an hour a day.)

I've ceased all communication with him and I am pretty sure he knows that. I hope FB will notify him that I have blocked him (if anyone knows if it will, please let me know!) so there is no way for him to cower behind a screen now.

After spending two nights with out any sleep I've come to the conclusion that I don't care if he thinks I'm "trashy". I've done the best job I know how to keep things up. My husband works out of town a lot and I'm here to deal with the house, the kids, the yard, the laundry... etc, etc, etc... by myself. If it's not good enough then that's just too bad.

I've put this in the Lord's hands. We prayed so much about the decision to get chickens. Any money that I've gotten from the sale of chickens or eggs has been given back to the Lord - so these are His chickens.... If He wants me to keep them, then I will. If not... I won't. Either way, there is no way I'm going to do anything ugly to my neighbor - unless ignoring him (or his ridiculous wishes) is ugly.

Now, that's not to say that I won't do a little "devaluing" of my property if he does cause trouble for me. LOL...

Everyone's concern is overwhelming and I'm blessed to be part of a community like this.
smile.png
You guys are great... and hilarious... I needed the laughs I've gotten off of this thread. (Even the not so *nice* ideas I thought were pretty funny!) Thanks.

Everyone's concern is overwhelming and I'm blessed to be part of a community like this.

I FEEL the same way about BYC and how it's great to have a place to come to that relates!! You go Jennie5193!!
frow.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

What a great idea!!!!!!!!

Hey, that is a great idea for a thread! I wonder what section "Give me your trashy yard ideas" would go under!
gig.gif

Lickskillet, I hope everything works out with your family. We really need to start a "crazy neighbors" club!
barnie.gif

Quote:

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I haven't laughed this hard in AGES!! PLEASE SEE THIS... I wish I could say that you should track down a brother of this guy, because it's so stinking funny - BUT the advice about the hedge roses is really truly a great idea. Truth is that roses may diffuse the whole thing... especially white ones - offers peace, but has thorns for protection at the end of the day... pretty poetic, nice view from the high road.

(though the comment about getting pigs made me laugh - it would not bode well for your Husband's peace of mind when he leaves you home for a business trip)

Bon Chance!!

Goodness I can't believe I've read the whole thread! I definitely feel for you in having neighbor troubles. Your hubby did sound a little juvenile in his responses to your neighbor, but men can be like that
idunno.gif
I actually think it sounds like the neighbor 1) has nothing better to do than complain. 2) may even know he doesn't have a leg to stand on and is why he "changed his mind about going to the Register's office of Hamilton county". That threatening you would be enough to make you do what he wants. 3) Not knowing your neighbor I can't say for certainty, but putting out rat poison even in his own yard would be a threat to his own child, so makes me think that this to is not a threat he would follow through on, but would make you do as he wants.
Anyway, I hope all works out for you. I once had a problem neighbor, and found that killing with kindness sometimes is the best way to deal with those kinds of people.

OOPS! I didn't realize there was that specific information in that e-mail.. I've got to edit that. I wouldn't want someone tracking this guy down and starting a riot for that nasty language he was using.....
hide.gif

Thank you for reading the whole thread I'm sure it took a long time!
smile.png
Also, I appreciate you pointing out that information...

Yeah Jennie 5193, though lots of these Ideas are colorful and funny.... sometimes the "Better part of Valor" is to do nothing...wait and see....don't turn a situation into a problem....

Who knows next week his wife might need to borrow an egg for a cake or something.

And of course continue to let your Chickens go anywhere you wish on your property. That is your business, and this is your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom