Did you buy sexed Silkies from MyPetChicken.com and....

I wonder the same thing I just got my little (sexed) (female?) chick in the mail 3 weeks ago and I have a feeling shes a rooster I paid good money from her On MyPetChicken and I bought her out of 15 chicks and only her surviving anyways Im only hoping they sexed my chick correct and if they didn't I'll make sure to tell you! This chick of mine means a great deal to me :)

I ordered 2 female buff orpingtons, 2 female mile fleur d'uccles, and 2 female blue silkies in May and all were sexed correctly. Just got my first egg from my silkies today!

In case this helps anyone else, I ordered 6 sexed female silkie chicks from My Pet Chicken this year. Only one turned out to be a rooster. I also bought 8 straight run white silkies from TSC and 6 turned out to be roos!
ep.gif
While My Pet Chicken doesn't have 100% accuracy all the time with sexing silkies, I would definitely order from them again vs. taking the chance with straight run. Plus I got a refund for the chick that was incorrectly sexed.

In case this helps anyone else, I ordered 6 sexed female silkie chicks from My Pet Chicken this year. Only one turned out to be a rooster. I also bought 8 straight run white silkies from TSC and 6 turned out to be roos!
ep.gif
While My Pet Chicken doesn't have 100% accuracy all the time with sexing silkies, I would definitely order from them again vs. taking the chance with straight run. Plus I got a refund for the chick that was incorrectly sexed.
Please make sure you email us with your order number and the incorrect chick. We will be happy to refund you for our error!

I see this is an old thread, but I wanted to post my experience with ordering female Silkies from my pet chicken. I read everywhere that it was not possible to sex Silkies but figured I was better off taking the chance since everywhere else near here wants you to order 25 straight run. My girls are now going on 2 years old, I ordered 4 females. I lost one to pasty but, but the 3 that made it are girls. I also ordered 1 female Ancona which was sexed correctly as well. I have another order in with them for this June and I am supposed to be getting 3 more Silkie girls and 1 Silkie roo. So we will see how it goes this time around. I have faith in them though. I remember watching an episode of Dirty Jobs that showed professional chicken sexers and they explained how they did it but even said they can't really explain how they know for sure 100% of the time, sometimes it is just an instinct almost. Mike Rowe said that's why you get paid the big bucks. Which I found amusing. Lol

Please make sure you email us with your order number and the incorrect chick. We will be happy to refund you for our error! 

I did call with my order number and the guy I talked to was very friendly and helpful. I was refunded the full price of the incorrectly sexed chick. 1 wrong out of 6 isn't bad and I would definitely order sexed silkies from MPC again :)

I have ordered from MPC 2 times before got all pullets just like I ordered. I just placed another order for assorted bantams and I selected females at 8.50 extra per chick I sure hope they are right . Can't wait to see what I get I hope at least 1 silkie because my youngest really wants one .

I see this is an old thread, but I wanted to post my experience with ordering female Silkies from my pet chicken. I read everywhere that it was not possible to sex Silkies but figured I was better off taking the chance since everywhere else near here wants you to order 25 straight run. My girls are now going on 2 years old, I ordered 4 females. I lost one to pasty but, but the 3 that made it are girls. I also ordered 1 female Ancona which was sexed correctly as well. I have another order in with them for this June and I am supposed to be getting 3 more Silkie girls and 1 Silkie roo. So we will see how it goes this time around. I have faith in them though. I remember watching an episode of Dirty Jobs that showed professional chicken sexers and they explained how they did it but even said they can't really explain how they know for sure 100% of the time, sometimes it is just an instinct almost. Mike Rowe said that's why you get paid the big bucks. Which I found amusing. Lol
Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been very nervous about my bantam order from MPC that's due to ship at the end of May. I ordered six bantams -- 3 silkies, 2 Polish, and 1 Cochin frizzle. I've had so much heartbreak over the years getting so attached to chicks only to have some turn out to be cockerels. I have never purchased a cockerel -- pullets only -- but have ended up with four cockerels over the years. I'm not supposed to have roosters where I live, but my neighbors are also chicken owners and have been wonderfully tolerant. I still have one of my roosters, but will be heartbroken if my bantam order at the end of May includes a mis-sexed chick.

Thanks again for sharing your positive experience! Fingers crossed for the end of May.
fl.gif

My chicks are due june 13th. So we can keep our fingers crossed together! I am not supposed to have roosters here either. I already ordered a No Crow collar fron My Pet Chicken. I am hoping it works out and if not that my neighbirs are tolerant like yours!

Back
Top Bottom