Dirty coons!

chickenwoods

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
**||OKLAHOMA||**
Every night before i go to bed i shine a spotlight back towards the tracter and the barn,and my roo was up walking the parameter of the tracter...My old roo protects his hens from predators (or trys),but then i saw a set of eyes in the light,
I rushed to the gun,put my shoes on..went out the door and went around and kept my spotlight on to blind the dirty coon..HE WAS IN MY CHICKEN TRACTOR!!Thier was my sexlinks down feathers all over the ground:eek: To say the least i dispatched the coon...checked on my hens they were all alive,and up and walking around.

My old roo is a good one!!Protecting his hens..
big_smile.png

Wow...what a scary story. I'm glad everyone is ok. You said you dispatched the coon. Does that mean terminated?...sorry to be so ignorant, but I hope the coon will never have the chance to do it again.

I'm glad all your critters were okay. That'll definitely get the adrenaline rushing. I have to say that I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person shining spotlights out the back windows at night. I think my neighbors think I'm nuts.
lol.png

Late Last night i moved all my chickens into my barn,my hands were bleeding i guess they thought that i was another coon,
big_smile.png
..But i got them all into my barn,and this morning they seemed the happiest theyve been in a long time..I remember someone on this board said to lock em up in dar for a couple of days,and put a fake egg in the nest box to get them to lay there.This otta keep the coons down a bit. I did have them in a makeshift chicken tracter outside.(for 3 months) I am blessed that i never lost any of that batch to coons.
But i guess i owe it to my traps i had set out for the coons!!
big_smile.png

Nothin makes me madder than a coon trying to steal what i worked so hard for..LOL

The Racoons have taken a few of my chickens, two turkeys and a few baby rabbits that I raise, no more!

I bought a host of traps and in the last 1 1/2 weeks have trapped (& killed, no I am not about to relocate them) 9 many females.

I have not lost another domestic animal since I started trapping them.

I had a roo that was killed by a coon>
sad.png
thank God my daughter wasn't there. she cried hard enough just when i told her! i can't imagine how she would react if she saw Bill's body (or at lest what was left of it). i still think about him. He was my favorite rooster. When my first hen was brooding he got so lonely that he would come on the porch and sit in my lap! But now at least i have his sweet son and grandson. (There are 2 other little roos but they're not as people friendly for some reason) I also lost 1 hen and 2 bitties to a fox before i lost Bill! but we have made suer we will NOT lose any more babies.

Back
Top Bottom