Dishwasher incubator?

How are folks coming with the dishwasher-bators?? I got an IncuKit to turn an old mini-fridge into a bator, but just realized there's an old washer sitting here at work they want hauled away and well.... I only got a small bator and it's full, with backups waiting.... and so.... Seems like it would be as doable as using fridges/freezers! Any updates and/or how-to tips?

Currently converting a dishwasher also! Where are you putting the heating element? I'm using
On from my LG incubator but no clue on placement. So far all I(meaning my husband) have done was add windows. Also where are you placing vent holes and how many?

I haven't started making mine, but I've seen heating elements put inside on the back, and also IncuKits installed on the tops of things (mini-fridges, styrofoam containers, but haven't seen a vid/report on one being used on something like a dishwasher). I think the main thing would be to have the heating element flush with the inside, so there's not a pocket to collect heat (if it's coming down through the top), and also to have enough fans to circulate the heat as evenly as possible. Heat rises but I don't think I've seen heating elements on the bottom... probably a reason but haven't looked into it.

I'm going to try the mini-fridge conversion first, but have a dishwasher available that just looks so tempting due to racks etc!

Back
Top Bottom