Dishwasher incubator?

Oh my! I've been wanting a new dishwasher for months. Now I have a great project for the old one! It still works, just doesn't get dishes very clean, so I think it would be an awesome conversion candidate. Hubby is gonna love this... well, maybe not lol. You guys are awesome!

Oh my! I've been wanting a new dishwasher for months. Now I have a great project for the old one! It still works, just doesn't get dishes very clean, so I think it would be an awesome conversion candidate. Hubby is gonna love this... well, maybe not lol. You guys are awesome!

My hubby wasn't thrilled at first but he really got into it and was grinning like a Cheshire cat when my MIL asked him to make her one.

Awesome dishwasbator! I would be much more enthused to empty the dishware if it were full of new chicks! Lol!

pop.gif
Following with rapt attention. I have a mini fridge that I'm planning to convert. I'm wondering about the DW desing, as well as my mini fridge about putting the heat source in the middle with 2 fans blowing air both up and down. If it were well planned, you could have a hatching bin in the bottom, and a incubating bin in the top. IMO, the greatest difficulty would be to tweak air flow well so that you'd get even temp throughout the box.

Lazy gardener, how we're you going to get the cooler coils out of the mini fridge? Or we're you just going to leave them. I'm stuck on that step of converting a mini fridge. Had the same idea of possible hatcher in the bottom!

Ooooh, it looks fantastic! Let us know how it works (since it appears you're already testing it out)!!!!

It hold temp really well although I do have to adjust the thermastat if it gets to hot or cold I'm the house. It can deal with a +/- 10° change on its own but anything above or below that I have to correct for. Its easier than an lg to regulate but harder than one of those super fancy leave it and forget it models. Which is perfectly fine with me, I like hands on.

Awesome dishwasbator! I would be much more enthused to empty the dishware if it were full of new chicks! Lol!

And I still don't have a dishwasher :) We bought this at a flea market about 2 years ago for $50 because I wanted a dishwasher. Its smaller than your average dishwasher but I could live with that. Well we get it home and it only partially functions. I can't remember what but something vital to its ability to wash dishes. So it set around until it became a bator.

And I still don't have a dishwasher :) We bought this at a flea market about 2 years ago for $50 because I wanted a dishwasher. Its smaller than your average dishwasher but I could live with that. Well we get it home and it only partially functions. I can't remember what but something vital to its ability to wash dishes. So it set around until it became a bator.

Well that's too bad it didn't function as a dishwasher but way to find a silver lining! Can't wait to see how it works for you!

Lazy gardener, how we're you going to get the cooler coils out of the mini fridge? Or we're you just going to leave them. I'm stuck on that step of converting a mini fridge. Had the same idea of possible hatcher in the bottom!
I actually hadn't thought that one out! I may take it back to the transfer station where I picked it up and pay them to discharge the ?freon. I'll have to do some basic homework on that one. Any one out there dealt with this issue LEGALLY?

Back
Top Bottom