Mar 31, 2022
Something transpired today where as one of my quail has dislocated their ankle/knee (whatever you decide to call it) and it seems completely unable to move, toes included. I know it is that joint because I felt it and it was loose. I love these birds but they're in pretty rough shape, I just got them from a lady who says they just got over mites, so they have very few feathers left and I'm just trying to get them back to normal. I need to know if there is any way I can put that joint back in place because right now she's not walking at all. Thanks for your time.

I have a button quail with a dislocated hip and have been wondering if it's possible to put it back in place. She's not in pain, but she cannot walk and kind of shoves her way across her little pen. I've put soft clothes on the floor of her pen and wash them daily (like diapers!) because it would hurt her belly to try to slither across wood chips or a more rough surface.

I really don't know if these sorts of injuries are able to be fix, I've looked online but haven't found anything

I have a button quail with a dislocated hip and have been wondering if it's possible to put it back in place. She's not in pain, but she cannot walk and kind of shoves her way across her little pen. I've put soft clothes on the floor of her pen and wash them daily (like diapers!) because it would hurt her belly to try to slither across wood chips or a more rough surface.

I really don't know if these sorts of injuries are able to be fix, I've looked online but haven't found anything
I'm sorry to hear that. I usually cull this type of injury since it would probably take surgery to fix, and that just isn't possible for most people.

Back
Top Bottom