Dixie Chicks

I use the 4' heavy metal fencing topped with poultry netting. Heavy metal pound in posts. The fencing lasts forever, I have some that was used when I got it and have been using it for peas and beans for 15yrs. It's strong enough to keep dogs out with the heavy metal posts. It is movable, just takes time. I'll be adding electric for the diggers and climbers soon. Electric fencing is fairly cheap.

Putting in electric something like this;

Hey all! BYC no longer goes to my email, so not sure what I did to tick them off, but hope everyone is doing well. Doing pretty good here. Another round of bronchitus and still job searching. Had a company call me for 2nd interview and testing appointment. We will see. Pay is much better, but drive is much further. Hours are flexible.......you make your own hours. Just work 39-40hours a week. Lunch break is paid 30 minutes. Where I work now, you are required to clock out for 1 hour lunch. So, after drive time, I am away from home 10 1/2 hours a day and only paid for 8. You all know how it goes. :fl on the new job, but I'm not holding my breath. Lots of people have applied. Lots of people I would imagine have degrees that I don't have. Hate to jump ship on this bank job I've only been at for a year & 2months, but I need to make more money.

Been wondering about the wildfires in Canada. Anyone here affected by them? Hoping not. It looks terrible on the news.

On the fence issue, we were blessed that the previous owners had chain link put around the front yard & part of the back.. We only have chickens, dog and cat, so larger animals are not an issue here. The far back part of property had rough fencing with fallen, rotten posts. We just bought new fence to replace. Just need to get the posts now. Ummmm, and the energy. :D

how ya doing?
So busy. Still have a few Jubilees to go.. Getting things down to just Isabel Cuckoo Eng Orps, Crele Cuckoo Eng Orps, calico cochin bantams & Chocolate Eng Orp bantams. Hubby and son are down to Black Ameraucana, Lavender Ameraucana, Wheaten Easter Eggers & Isabel Easter Eggers. We have 4 Ancona, 4 Pekin, & 4 Cayuga ducks in one pond and run. So I am way down. Asthma no better and the hospital bills keep coming. I figured it costs a thousand dollars for every hour I am there when averaging.

I use the 4' heavy metal fencing topped with poultry netting. Heavy metal pound in posts. The fencing lasts forever, I have some that was used when I got it and have been using it for peas and beans for 15yrs. It's strong enough to keep dogs out with the heavy metal posts. It is movable, just takes time. I'll be adding electric for the diggers and climbers soon. Electric fencing is fairly cheap.

Putting in electric something like this;

So busy. Still have a few Jubilees to go.. Getting things down to just Isabel Cuckoo Eng Orps, Crele Cuckoo Eng Orps, calico cochin bantams & Chocolate Eng Orp bantams. Hubby and son are down to Black Ameraucana, Lavender Ameraucana, Wheaten Easter Eggers & Isabel Easter Eggers. We have 4 Ancona, 4 Pekin, & 4 Cayuga ducks in one pond and run. So I am way down. Asthma no better and the hospital bills keep coming. I figured it costs a thousand dollars for every hour I am there when averaging.
probly be bad until you had get to a calming point on it it's all touchy right now because it's irritated hope you feel better soon!

No. Probably should've. They are all "dual purpose", not actual meat birds. Most were mixed breed. All except the 2 hens are decent sized dressed.

Morning folks!
JWB, good luck with the job search. My job is ending in a few months (September-ish) and I'm working on developing more income from my birds, and not go back to work, unless absolutely necessary. Hubby will just have to cut back on his toys for a while
big_smile.png

So @Amberjem here are a few pics of some of my birdies.... I also have Black Swedish ducks and a couple of chocolate orpingtons (looking to get more!) and have Serama eggs in the incubator!

lavender orpingtons

golden sebright

OEGB's - silver duckwing male over silver duckwing female (not in this pic) and several mixed OEGB girls.

bantam cochin (my only pair, blue frizzle boy, cuckoo girl)
Armand and Katherine
6 of their eggs due to hatch in about 10 days.

golden comets, covered by a light Brahma (Moonshine)

Sebright and OEGB coop/run

One of my big LO boys (Louie or Ted)

Currently still have 6 cochin/silkie crosses. Growing them for a bit longer before I decide what to do with them

ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom