DIY Brooder

teasedbeauty

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2015
NC

Here is our brooder house that we made out of my daughters crib. Our coop is taking longer then we thought so we had to make something a little bigger to hold our feather babies..
1f496.png

That's terrific! Plenty of space and it's raised enough to be able to handle and interact with the chicks on their level, assuring they'll be calm and tame.

Have you considered the heating pad system of warming your chicks as opposed to a heat lamp? I can't recommend it highly enough. Check out the thread on this forum, "Mama heating pad in the Brooder". It's the next best thing to having a broody hen to keep them warm, and you don't have to worry about fire danger and over-heating.

That is a great idea!!! My babies are too big for a heating pad right now but when I get my new ones (after the real coop is finished) I will def look into that.

My 1st brooder was

Then they got to BIG and started flying out so I made my dog kennel work

But this got too small to quick!! So we build the crib. I'm excited about it. We will continue to use the New one and put it inside the coop for when we have babies.
For the 1st two broilers the heat lamp worked great but I think everyone fears a fire. But for this new one I didn't know what I was going to do!! So thank you I will def use the heating pads. LOVE THAT IDEA!

Back
Top Bottom