Do cattle roost?

Last I heard, Joe had went out and bought himself a cow dog to
help around the farm.

Durn thing done treed all the neighbor's cows.

Sorry all. I've been busy planting trees for my cattle, and have been building my cattle coops.
I've also been trying to procure new customers for my harvested ribeyes and my moo cow eggs.

I spent a few days in the mental ward after someone turned me in for being nuts about this idea. Do you know how hard it is to work, and still be able to post while on xanax and thorizine?
I'll try to be better.

Sorry all. I've been busy planting trees for my cattle, and have been building my cattle coops.
I've also been trying to procure new customers for my harvested ribeyes and my moo cow eggs.

I spent a few days in the mental ward after someone turned me in for being nuts about this idea. Do you know how hard it is to work, and still be able to post while on xanax and thorizine?
I'll try to be better.

Based on my experience it is hard but not impossible.

Also as President of the Minnesota Palm Tree restoration Society, I need to know, will restoring palm trees make it harder on wild cattle? Can they roost in palms?

I thought I had heard while palms did not make good roosting trees, they made excellent nesting trees.

Last edited:
gig.gif

Based on my experience it is hard but not impossible.

Also as President of the Minnesota Palm Tree restoration Society, I need to know, will restoring palm trees make it harder on wild cattle? Can they roost in palms?

I thought I had heard while palms did not make good roosting trees, they made excellent nesting trees.

There are some palms unsuitable for nesting/roosting. Coconut palms, the derned coconuts get in the way. And for heavens sake, don't be standing under one when a cow does try to climb up it. With date palms, they're ok until they start to fruit and then the dates stick all over the cows. Sabal palms are sturdy enough to hold a roosting cows but they're kind of prickly and cows aren't usually comfortable in them.

How big of a nesting box does a cow take anyway? Does deep litter help keep clean up to a minimum?

Back
Top Bottom