Do Coyotes Jump Fences?

A nice lady posted this image in another forum. Aprons and hot wires properly installed seem to be the best protection in conjunction with 2x4 welded wire (or better) fencing. Without hot wires the run would need to be completely covered with heavy welded wire which wouldn't be a bad idea anyhow. I've seen birddogs climb 8' high fences.

I don't know about jumping but he got up there "somehow"....

Perfect example! Coyotes if hungry enough can chew right through chicken wire. Most of the time they wont work that hard. They will also dig under.

my bird dogs have climbed 8' fences before to go after a robin or a rabbit in my yard
dont under estimate any dog or predator
hmm.png

My Plott hound did the same after a coon. Canines are very smart like cats when they want something theres no stopping them, other than extinguishing them.

Coyotes CAN jump fences. A small coyote tried to jump our fence and he got his foot stuck. My dad ended up shooting it, though.:yesss:  And at about 200 yards away!!!! I'm sorry about you're loss. I hate it when animals die!:hit  

Same here! The fence was about 5 feet up!!!

Before we had birds we used to enjoy sitting on the porch in the evening and hearing the coyotes howl. Being from the burbs we thought that was the sound of the country and nature. Guess we were dumb suburbanites.

Now we know better. That is the sound of death!!!! With the wolves gone from here, just north of Houston, the coyotes thrive.

I have some Premier 1 electric fencing on the way. That may help.

Walked the dogs today and when I returned there were 3 turkey babies, one chick a rooster and his girlfriend a buff orpington gone. That's almost half my flock. At first I thought a hawk got the babies but realize with the adults it must be a pack of coyotes to get that many. No more walks for awhile. Will coyotes kill dogs? I have a beagle mix and a 80 pound retriever.

Back
Top Bottom