Do i meed a new coop?

Topbless

Songster
May 6, 2020
Lagos State, Nigeria
I am very happy to still have some little change to start another rearing. I decided to quit because I lost so much birds turkey, broiler and cockrel to death.

One day, 5 birds died without knowing what killed them even after so many research.

Base on the ways things are things are going in Nigeria now, one need to survive. So I have kept some money buy new birds but I am afraid of these two things.

1. Do I need to build new coop or cage or I should maintain the one I am using before after doing some cleaning?

2. Do I still need to change the birds, as in, I so much love turkey 🦃 rearing before and since I lost many, should I just focus on another birds, cockrael, broilers or other.

Please, these are my fear. I want you to help and guide since I don't want to lost so many to death again....

Thanks so much

Any pictures of what you currently have to work with?

I don't know about bird diseases in your area, but different species of birds can pass disease to one another, so probably better to focus on just one type (only turkeys, or only chickens) to minimize disease spread and behavioral problems.

If the new coop is because the birds all died and you think it's contagious, I would, at least, do a very good cleaning so you don't take a chance of spreading anything. Empty completely, use diluted bleach, let it dry well, and use all new bedding.

If you think the coop had something to do with it, please post some pictures, if possible, and we can take a look to see if any improvements should be made.

I agree with @rosemarythyme to maybe stick with one species.

Be

I don't know about bird diseases in your area, but different species of birds can pass disease to one another, so probably better to focus on just one type (only turkeys, or only chickens) to minimize disease spread and behavioral problem
Before, I have turkey with broilers together. Can that be

I don't know about bird diseases in your area, but different species of birds can pass disease to one another, so probably better to focus on just one type (only turkeys, or only chickens) to minimize disease spread and behavioral problems.
I have both turkey and broilers together. Can that be the causes of their DEATH?

Back
Top Bottom