Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

I had a great neighbor when I was little and then when I was 10 his dad moved in and evicted him and since then my poor father has had to tolerate their insanity. It runs the gamut for crazy behavior. Everything from revving their engines of snowmobiles and lawnmowers well past midnight to threatening my dad claiming we were stealing their cable and siphoning electricity...ugh.
One day I was visiting my dad and I had my baby girl with me. The lady comes over waving a diaper in my dads face calling him all sorts of names and claiming he threw the diaper in her bushes. The houses are right near a highway where people throw all sorts of stuff onto our lawns. Diaper was the wrong size and brand to be my daughters but the lady didnt care. They get off on confrontation. They have a junkyard behind their house. They piled up every dead vehicle and piece of trash they could back there. We thought it was ridiculous but fine since it was their yard. Then they call the township on my dad for having not cut his grass and for having two vehicles (that were driven regularly) parked on the opposite side of the property from them. There was a pole barn in between them and the vehicles so they were entirely out of sight and as I said they were driven regularly. Some people just suck.

Some people really do live off of confrontation, I can't understand it, but not much of a way to fix it... I hope things get better for your dad!
1f625.png

Attracting homeless people??? Seems like it's most likely to attract your hungry neighbor....irresistible big ripe red juicy tomatoes....draws them like flats!!! just remember ignorance can be fixed....reassure the ignorant neighbor....if that doesn't work....you may be dealing with a case of Stupid...that can't be fixed. Hope your garden is doing great!!!
1f600.png

We actually have since bought 30 acres this year and now there is not a nosy neighbor in sight! There's only one house we can actually see from ours, but they mind their own business and we keep to ours so it works out well. The garden on the other hand... We got a lot of rain and it all drowned
1f616.png

So after looking out and seeing two official looking guys standing out in their backyard with them staring into ours pointing and talking about stuff this morning, I finally went around to their front door to talk to them about what they're doing.

By the time I was dressed they were gone from the backyard and the guys along with them.

I knocked and knocked and knocked... Their car was in the driveway and I could hear their yappy little dog barking somewhere inside but after five minutes the door went unanswered and I left.

Yep, that is sounding weird and a little sinister ... sounds like they are definitely up to something.

Rather than my previous suggestion of the night time torch light hunts being for Cane Toads, maybe they saw a mouse or other rodent and are thinking about blaming your chooks.

Oh well, if the official looking dudes were, in fact, officials of some sort, you may find out very soon what it is all about. OR, if they were official, you will not hear anything because they will have walked away thinking along the same lines as yourself that these people are loopy!
wink.png

Yep, that is sounding weird and a little sinister ... sounds like they are definitely up to something.

Rather than my previous suggestion of the night time torch light hunts being for Cane Toads, maybe they saw a mouse or other rodent and are thinking about blaming your chooks.

Oh well, if the official looking dudes were, in fact, officials of some sort, you may find out very soon what it is all about.  OR, if they were official, you will not hear anything because they will have walked away thinking along the same lines as yourself that these people are loopy! ;)

To be fair they only had those hideous neon safety jackets and clip boards... They could have been whack job family.

So after looking out and seeing two official looking guys standing out in their backyard with them staring into ours pointing and talking about stuff this morning, I finally went around to their front door to talk to them about what they're doing.

By the time I was dressed they were gone from the backyard and the guys along with them.

I knocked and knocked and knocked... Their car was in the driveway and I could hear their yappy little dog barking somewhere inside but after five minutes the door went unanswered and I left.

Yea, being a contractor myself i am pretty sure those guys were contractors

They gunna geta bigger fence installed
Hopefully for Zeils sake it will be a really tall fence so nobody has to see their cleepy activity anymore.

And we where back to the torches again...

I got up last night for a drink, the light in our kitchen remains on all night to provide a small amount of light to our parrots in the lounge, however walking back to bed our whole laundry was light up by what seemed like a bloody spotlight shining in the window...

If they have some sort of mounted outdoor lighting they've never used it before and no extra lighting was set up in their yard this morning...

Weird for two seconds I thought in was the fourth kind of encounter or something... And frankly I'm not into probing.

And we where back to the torches again...

I got up last night for a drink, the light in our kitchen remains on all night to provide a small amount of light to our parrots in the lounge, however walking back to bed our whole laundry was light up by what seemed like a bloody spotlight shining in the window...

If they have some sort of mounted outdoor lighting they've never used it before and no extra lighting was set up in their yard this morning...

Weird for two seconds I thought in was the fourth kind of encounter or something... And frankly I'm not into probing.
Maybe it was their mother ship?

Back
Top Bottom