Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Looks closer to a cougar or a mountain lion... Powerful body. Long tail.

A linx ran into my car a few years back. It was a hilarious exchange in my car at the time.
I'm freaking out because I wounded an animal (I'm a hunter but it's a one shot kill, no suffering and we eat the meat, nothing wasted) and my husband is trying to figure out what I hit. I'm saying linx and he's thinking links from a tanks tracks (we lived in base and were just passing the tank crossing) and I'm saying no! I hit a cat. I hit a (bleeping) cat not a piece of metal. Our toddler daughter says "(bleep) cat" and then "bye bye kitty." Bahahaha

Last edited:
Hi Zeil.
Sorry about your weird neighbors. I'm not sure I have anything new to add to this discussion but here is my 2 cents: I think the torches in the rain might be nightcrawler or mushroom collecting, but who knows. I would probably sit in the back yard and clean some guns or sharpen a machete... unless I lived in California, because as LeafBlade12345 said,the Golden State would lock you up. To explain their behavior I would guess that they have formed some sort of opinion about you and have decided not to share it with you. If you want to get some information on them you might try their next door neighbors to see if they know any reason for their weirdness. Knowing what they think of you might not be helpful so you might think about trying to isolate yourself from them. If you are disinclined to build a higher fence I would recommend bamboo: It would grow fast and if you didn't like it you could cut it down far easier than many trees. If you want to read about someone else's issues with bad neighbors read this post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/826926/neighbor-hates-my-chickens-will-she-do-them-harm
anyway, good luck!

Why didn't you just eat the Lynx?

Hahaha oh heavens.
It kept running and when I pulled over to check for blood there was none. No trail to follow. It was dark and seemed headed for an impact range so I called pmo and let them know what had happened.
Eating a linx would be a lot like eating my cat...and I love my cat. no way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom