Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Or as my nosey neighbor did; she had her son-in-law get up on her roof so they could see what we were working on. Then even went so far as to contact the zoning board when we were not doing anything illegal. A board member conveniently called us on a Sunday saying they drove by and happened to noticed we were doing some work on the back garage & to find out what we were working on & if we needed a permit Grrr..... Of course the back building can't be seen from the road. My hubby proceeded to call our neighbor & tell her to mind her own darn business & if she had a concern to ask us first. she backed off after that, but she still watches us with an eagle eye.

Oh gawd yes, this is our problem too. Honestly my back (complaining) neighbour must have the cleanest gutters in the town. Every time I start doing something in the yard out of the ordinary he is up cleaning his gutters.

Ours complained we were keeping chickens, then when that got them nowhere they complained about our rooster crowing at 5 am. Yes it was but even after we got rid of it their house lights were still always on at 5 am so it wasn't waking them.

For the OP the taking photos makes it sound like they aren't looking to do anything but complain. I'd make sure I had everything up to code so they couldn't. I would then start putting my six foot hedge in!

Or as my nosey neighbor did; she had her son-in-law get up on her roof so they could see what we were working on. Then even went so far as to contact the zoning board when we were not doing anything illegal. A board member conveniently called us on a Sunday saying they drove by and happened to noticed we were doing some work on the back garage & to find out what we were working on & if we needed a permit Grrr..... Of course the back building can't be seen from the road. My hubby proceeded to call our neighbor & tell her to mind her own darn business & if she had a concern to ask us first. she backed off after that, but she still watches us with an eagle eye.

Oh gawd yes, this is our problem too. Honestly my back (complaining) neighbour must have the cleanest gutters in the town. Every time I start doing something in the yard out of the ordinary he is up cleaning his gutters.

Ours complained we were keeping chickens, then when that got them nowhere they complained about our rooster crowing at 5 am. Yes it was but even after we got rid of it their house lights were still always on at 5 am so it wasn't waking them.

For the OP the taking photos makes it sound like they aren't looking to do anything but complain. I'd make sure I had everything up to code so they couldn't. I would then start putting my six foot hedge in!
Isn't it horrible how some people just don't have anything better to do than make their neighbors miserable
1f622.png

With neighbors like Zeils I would either plant a hedge type plant that grows really tall or I would have to move. That's just too weird :oops:

Last edited:
ive just read all 32 pages of this,sometimes laughing ,sometimes wanting to punch someone lol,zeil if i was you i'd wait until you see them out next and just shout "oi i want a word with you" then when he comes over id just ask him what hes doing wandering round the garden at night with torches as its scaring your wife,see what he says,then tell him your getting a bigger coop and more chickens and watch his face hahaha

Lol Zeil I was just thinking about you the other day.

My ever so quiet neighbour, who I get along well with but do not see often, had visitors and one of those visitors smoked .. it was quite freaky to see him outside watching me with the chickens every time he had a cigarette, which was often .. I rarely see the neighbours at the best of times.

Anyways, this made me think of you and the fact that we had not heard from you for a while … next thing, here you are
wink.png

Yes, be afraid, be very afraid
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom