do they look ready to lay?

Just curious because I have a 4-month old EE that looks very similar but still very pale so now I know what to expect. Oh and I am most definitely a Sir not a ma 'am

Lol sorry bout that :). I got he about a month ago from a friend they said she was an Americana but she lays white eggs :( I was excited about colorful eggs lol

Looks like 2 of my younger girls started laying :)

Put them next to the egg from my white Marian to show size and color difference

That is wonderful, doesn't make you feel good. I have some bad news, my best layer, Betty got out and something got her, she layed every day and I was getting big eggs. Sad day.

Monster (named by our grandson) squatted today when I came up behind her today. So maybe she will start laying soon.
Have a great day!

I've got 10 Barred Rock pullets that will be 20 weeks old on Wednesday. About half look ready to lay when looking at their red combs and wattles. The others are a little behind. None of them have ever squatted. I'm getting quite anxious for that first egg. Is 20 weeks average for Barred Rocks? They are from My Pet Chicken. What time of year in Tennessee will it get to be too late in the year for them to start laying? The suspense is killing me. On my days off I'm checking for eggs about 3 times a day.

My girls are Easter Eggers, only 1 started laying at 20 weeks. 1 just starting laying today and 1 has not start to lay.
Think mine were born about March 1, when I got them on April 1 the saleslady told me they were 8 weeks old, but I
do not think they were that old.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom