Do welsummers really lay black eggs ???

my teacher told me they lay black eggs. if they do id like to see a pic of the eggs
Welsummers are known for laying a Terra Cotta colored egg, with a tendency to be heavily speckled. Welsummer Club of North America has pictures on their website of typical eggs.

I don't know of any chicken breed that lays a black egg. Your teacher may have Welsummers confused with Marans, which are casually referred to as one of the few "chocolate egg" breeds.

Unless the teacher mistaken a black egg of an emu with Welsummer LOL!

The darkest egg I've seen are the Penesdencas...flighty nervous birds and I don't ever want them in my barn anymore.

It's not chickens, but Black Cayuga and Black Indian runners will lay pretty black eggs when they first come into lay, then they get lighter. It's really trippy.

my teacher told me they lay black eggs. if they do id like to see a pic of the eggs

I've had Welsummers and they laid dark brown eggs, frequently with very dark speckles on them, but not black eggs. I've been raising chickens for 50 years and I've never seen a black egg, nor heard of any breed laying one. The only bird I know of that lays black eggs are Cayuga ducks.

There is a chicken that is all black inside and out...even its organs are Black. They lay very black eggs.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom