Do welsummers really lay black eggs ???

There is a chicken that is all black inside and out...even its organs are Black. They lay very black eggs.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Can't always believe what you see or read...

The Ayam Cemani is certainly a dark bird in many respects but it's DARK pink and dark red with gray overtones on the inside and lays WHITE eggs...

Last edited:
They do not lay black eggs. Someone colored those, it's a hoax going around the net and Facebook. If you search them, research them and ask breeders of this breed like Greenfire Farms, you'll find out that pic was faked.

Ayam cemani are not red and pink inside. Their meat is verrrrrrrry dark, either grayish-blackish or black. If someone shows you a processed bird that is white, pink or red inside it is NOT a Cemani.

And Cemani do not lay black eggs. They lay a slightly tinted egg.

Last edited:
They do not lay black eggs.

And Cemani do not lay black eggs. They lay a slightly tinted egg.
No wonder I forgot that Ayam Cemani laid black eggs. They don't. :eek:) I'm back to my original statement, I still don't know of any chicken breed that lays black eggs. Maybe the eggs in the photograph are not fake, just mis-identified. Maybe they are Cayuga duck eggs. I've never had Cayuga ducks, but I do know that they lay black eggs.

Ayam cemani are not red and pink inside. Their meat is verrrrrrrry dark, either grayish-blackish or black

Yeah, pretty much what I said... Colors are very subjective and vary by individuals, IMO it's as I said based on my subjective color opinion that being a dark red/pink masked with deep gray overtones meat as I said previous, IMO it's not black and certainly not red or pink either...

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much what I said... Colors are very subjective and vary by individuals, IMO it's as I said based on my subjective color opinion that being a dark red/pink masked with deep gray overtones meat as I said previous, IMO it's not black and certainly not red or pink either...
As someone that breeds both Ayam Cemani and Svart Hona, I can tell you that real Ayam Cemani are black skinned and the meat it black as are the bones, the organs, the toenails, earlobes, beak, vent, comb, wattles, mouth, and tongue. The presence of any red or any other color in the bird indicates that it is not a pure example of the breed and most likely has been crossed. The condition is call hyper-pigmentation and is caused by the FM gene. The only breeds that have this gene are Ayam Cemani (Indonesia) , Svart Hona (Sweden), Ogye (Korea), Hmong (China), Kadaknath (India), and the Silkie (Japan).

They should look like this: (this is black skin)

Back
Top Bottom