Do you Clean out poop from the run?

Pics

SamIamNam786

Songster
Aug 10, 2023
Central NJ
Curious to know if you all clean out poop from the run? I added pine bark nuggets and mix it around and it seems to be ok for now. Today, the edges of the run are getting muddy bc of the rain coming in from the sides. I'm reading to use pelletized bedding, but then it turns to sawdust. Are ppl picking out poop from it or just turning it often and letting everything just eventually become one with the dirt floor?

I don't clean out the run. It's best to keep adding things like wood chips on top to let the poop filter down to the bottom. All of it will break down eventually and new bedding can be added on top again. You just don't want to add something that will mold easily.
Do pellets mold easily?.or is it ok as long as I use a rake to turn it every few days? In 1.5 months time, I haven't cleaned out the run. Just added top soil or pine bark nuggets. Wondering if pellets are my next choice. I also have a huge bag of pine shavings.

Do pellets mold easily?.or is it ok as long as I use a rake to turn it every few days? In 1.5 months time, I haven't cleaned out the run. Just added top soil or pine bark nuggets. Wondering if pellets are my next choice. I also have a huge bag of pine shavings.
I don't have experience with the pellets, sorry! I do know that things like hay, straw, and leaves can mold easily if they get wet. I would think pine shavings wouldn't last very long.

Back
Top Bottom