Do you Coupon?

I use coupons but I only use certain type of products as far as deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, personal hygiene and food. But I love to score on toilet tissue and certain cleaning products. I enjoy watching others get tons of stuff and pay little to nothing for it. I wish I could use all of that stuff. :)

Way to go everyone!!!! :thumbsup

I LOVE it, have been doing it for years and years, and wish I could get myself organized to get things in order which would make it so much easier for me. . .Illinois doesn't do a lot of the double stuff either, and the last one that did was the local IGA and their stuff is so high, coupons didn't even help that much because I could go to WM and use the coupon regular and still get it cheaper. I am going to organize this year; that was the one and only resolution I made that I plan to keep and couponing is my top priority. I live 40 miles from the best stores, but once a month is a good way for me to take advantage of that week's deals. Thanks for getting me motivated to start again. CVS is a really good place to coupon, they don't double but ifyou get the cash back and use the coupons on their sale products it really adds up!!!

Rite Aid was amazing couple years ago before they put limits on how many you can buy. I would get ad scans from iheartriteaid.com that shows the weekly ad up to 3 weeks in advance. Find what I wanted to get and went to ebay to buy 20 coupons for whatever. It cost me maybe $2 -$5 for the coupons. I then wait for the ad and would buy 20 whatever for free. I paid only sales tax and whatever the coupons cost. Almost felt like stealing lol. Another good site for coupon match ups is afullcup.com When they started putting the limits to only 2 or 4 per person ruined the fun. I'm not into spending the hours couponing requires to get 2 tubes of toothpaste free anymore. I had so much drug store stuff there was no way to use it all. Every week I donated 75% to the women's shelter. This was a old Sunday trip to Rite Aid. Over $200 and I paid $13 sales tax! Another Sunday... only paid sales tax. I had wrote a mushy love letter to huggies brand and they sent me a lot of $3 off coupons. I always went back at the end of the week and got more.
I could definitely use those paper towels. Great job! :thumbsup

I don't coupon much, and the main reason is I just don't use that much of the stuff that lasts.

In Seirra's pictures she had lots of shampoo, conditioner, frosting, baby oil and shampoo and cough drops. If I use one bag of cough drops a year, that is a lot for me. I buy one big bottle of shampoo that lasts me several months, and the conditioner from my hair color is more than enough, and I usually end up throwing some away. I make my own frosting, and I'm still using the baby oil I bought for my youngest who is now 11. About the only things in her photo that would get used at my house is the cake mix (pictured is a year's worth) and the paper towels.

I will use coupons for the laundry products I buy, and the other cleaning products and personal products, but stocking up just doesn't make sense to me. I don't have the space, and I might buy a couple of extra but not more. I use in store coupons that are usually B1G1, and "meal deals" but no one here doubles coupons. I try to go to Sprouts on Wednesdays, because both weeks specials are on offer. I made a special trip just to stock up on fresh berries, which we will eat every night.

So I watch this thread with interest, but can't think that most of these tips would be of much help to me.

Fall of 2011 I stocked my closet full of toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, cold medicine, shaving cream, razors, deodorant, pads etc...and all kinds of health/beauty items...to the point that im just now running out. we go through a lot of that stuff...I have 2 girls and can buy shaving cream by the cases. I totally get if you cant use any of it...I just havent had that problem. .lol...and I hardly paid anything for the things I did get so it was def worth it to me. I just looked at my closet yesterday and thought...wow im getting low on several things...lol.

So I watch this thread with interest, but can't think that most of these tips would be of much help to me.
Glad to see you following the thread. Perhaps one day we will post a tip that is helpful to you. . . ..

Personally, I do find homes for anything that I find I have too much of. Fall 2012, I gave away some extra canned veg, cake mixes, and stuffing to a local church that was making food baskets for the needy at Thanksgiving.

Fall of 2011 I stocked my closet full of toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, cold medicine, shaving cream, razors, deodorant, pads etc...and all kinds of health/beauty items...to the point that im just now running out. we go through a lot of that stuff...I have 2 girls and can buy shaving cream by the cases. I totally get if you cant use any of it...I just havent had that problem. .lol...and I hardly paid anything for the things I did get so it was def worth it to me. I just looked at my closet yesterday and thought...wow im getting low on several things...lol.
I am right there with you on this one. There are 5 of us in this household and each of us use a different toothpaste. My daughter and I use whitening toothpaste. My husband uses a cinnamon flavored toothpaste (YUCK). My son uses fruity flavored toothpaste. My father uses a sensitive teeth toothpaste. So, in my house, it takes FIVE tubes of toothpaste, FIVE EXTRA tubes of toothpaste so that everyone can have one extra tube of toothpaste on hand.

Toothbrushes, man oh man, it drives me crazy to pay full price for these. You need to change these out twice a year ( at least) time 5 people means I need 10 extra toothbrushes on hand.

Perhaps couponing is one of those things that really benefits those with BIG families.

[COLOR=800080]I am right there with you on this one.   There are 5 of us in this household and each of us use a different toothpaste.  My daughter and I use whitening toothpaste.  My husband uses a cinnamon flavored toothpaste   (YUCK).  My son uses fruity flavored toothpaste.  My father uses a sensitive teeth toothpaste.    So,  in my house,  it takes FIVE tubes of toothpaste,  FIVE EXTRA tubes of toothpaste so that everyone can have one extra tube of toothpaste on hand.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Toothbrushes,  man oh man,  it drives me crazy to pay full price for these.  You need to change these out twice a year ( at least) time 5 people means I need 10 extra toothbrushes on hand.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Perhaps couponing is one of those things that really benefits those with BIG families. [/COLOR]

Yes, I would agree with that. It's just me in my household, so a lot of the coupons don't benefit me. There are only certain products that I can use and I rarely see coupons for items that I use.

For example: I can only use detergents, body soaps, face soaps, deodorants and lotions that are free from dyes, perfumes, scents, smells due to sensitive skin and allergies to perfumes. I rarely see or find coupons for those type of products. I only use FIRM toothbrushes and they are so hard to find. I only use one type of toothpaste and I usually get samples in the mail for free and they last me almost a year. I only use one type of anti-bacterial soap when I wash my hands. I splurge on paper towels about twice a year when I have family gatherings. Other than that, I use hand towels. I don't like to waste money on paper towels.

I don't eat processed/canned foods/(YUCK :sick )sodas/canned juice/cookies/cake mix/etc. I mostly eat raw veggies, fish and meat from my own farm, so I can't use coupons for any type of food. However, a lot of the time, I will buy stuff for other people because I know they like some of those products.

I have not been sick, had a cold, flu, sore throat, upset stomach in about 25 years, so I don't need over the counter meds. It would expire and I would have to throw it away.

But I do love coupons and I love seeing what other people get. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to find coupons for items that I use. :/

Keep up the great couponing and continue to post what you all get. I love reading the posts and seeing all the pice. I get excited when I see them. :weee

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom