Do you Coupon?

If you guys use FB..there is a lady on there..Deal Seeking mom....she is awesome! She posts all the stores weekly and what coupons to use for the best deals...loooove her page.
smile.png
Nice web site, Thanks for sharing... :)

That is only a good deal if you use either item.
This goes without saying..... I don't buy what I don't use.

I would use neither so it would be a waste of money for me. Coupons work if you can use the item, to replace things that you might used instead of. Coupons are most often for items that are new to the market, or overpriced to begin with.
There are probably many on this thread that would disagree with you. Coupons work BEST in conjunction with things that are already on sale. Perhaps, if you follow this thread with an open mind you will see things differently over time.

I often rarely buy anything that I can make from scratch. I would rather own the makings for frosting, than eat anything out a of prepackage container.
I have to say that I prefer homemade too. However, I don't think the kids at my children's school really care. As long as FREE cake in any form is involved, they are all in on it :)

I have found that I even save on how much garbage I have to dump .
Well all I can say to this is "Go Green". The rest of us on this thread are working on saving "Green" LOL..

Anything thing that you have to store for much time, costs more than it's original purchase price, and even more if you have to dispose of it due to spoilage, or expiration date. It doesn't help that I have yet to find a store in the region that will allow the use of more than one coupon per item, and I have only seen one store double a coupon on a single item per store visit.
The space in my pantry costs the same whether it is empty or packed to the ceiling. Our state does not double coupon either. However, I still manage to score nice items at a next to nothing price.

I do use coupons if I would have bought the item anyway. I do shop sale items, and eat around what's on sale. If I was going to try to save money at this point I would shop more at a local store that sells close to or expired items. I have found that it rarely pays to buy fruits and veggies this way. I buy those as needed and from the best source that I can. They spoil much slower than the same items at the discount store. I also don't travel very far to buy groceries. The cost of fuel is high enough, that it doesn't pay to go an extra 10 miles down the road to pay a little less. I have to factor in the cost of the round trip, and it is suddenly a 20 mile trip. The biggest saver of course is staying out of the store in the first place.

Bet your LAST dollar on this statement, I DO NOT make special trips into town to do my shopping. I line up all the sales I need to hit with all the coupons I have and make a trip to do shopping and errand running. I live 20 miles ONE WAY From the nearest grocery store. If we run out of something, we do without. I am NOT running into town for milk, bread, etc. Living out in the middle of no where is another reason to stock pile goods. In your opinion, it cost to store items. In my opinion it costs MORE to run out of something ...
Bottom line - - - Coupon if you want to. Enjoy the tips that others will provide on this thread. At the end of day, if couponing doesn't work for you more stuff will be left on the shelf for me
wink.png

I very rarely watch extreme couponers because the few times I have seen it, the participants have been in states that double coupon. That makes it hard for me to relate since Florida does not double coupons.. .

For those of you canning.... Surejell puts coupons out every year where you can get free sugar when you buy surejell. Just saying that you might want to keep an eye out for these coupons. Sometimes they are in the boxes of surejel.

got the nivea lip balm deal today at rite aid. spend $15 and get $8 rewards...I had three $3 off 2 coupons so that ended up being overage on 6 tubes of lip balm.... and FYI I am a lip balm junkie..so yay for me :0)

got the nivea lip balm deal today at rite aid. spend $15 and get $8 rewards...I had three $3 off 2 coupons so that ended up being overage on 6 tubes of lip balm.... and FYI I am a lip balm junkie..so yay for me :0)
SCORE....
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

We are always looking for lip balm deals around here. My daughter plays a musical instrument that dries out her lips. In fact, we should consider buying this stuff by the case....

We normally use Carmex. Have you ever tried it? Can you compare it to the nivea since we have not used that product before?

I have used it all... lol. Caramex is probably more medicated and waxier than the Nivea so def good for instrument playing. I like Caramex too but usually can find more flavors in Nivea. I have lip balm and lip gloss in every nook and cranny around here... lol

I have used it all... lol. Caramex is probably more medicated and waxier than the Nivea so def good for instrument playing. I like Caramex too but usually can find more flavors in Nivea. I have lip balm and lip gloss in every nook and cranny around here... lol
Thanks for the criteque. It sounds like we should probably stay with the Carmex...

Now this is what I am seeing in the CVS ad today. COKE... I am a huge Coke Product fan. I see CVS has the 12 packs on sale for $9 for 3 12 packs. That is $3 a 12 pack. That is not a great deal. HOWEVER, I see the CVS cash symbol by the advertised price. That means if you spend $30 on the item you get $10 CVS cash back.... So, if you buy 10 packs, you will get $10 CVS cash back. That makes the sodas $2 a 12 pack... THAT is a GOOD price.

What a cool thread. I used to coupon clip with my mom as a little girl. We stopped doing it because of the amount of time it took up & it became easier just checking the store flyers. Being a recent college grad, I can once again appreciate the value of coupons!!!!! I saw the first couple of shows of Extreme Couponing at the amount of $$ those people saved, but it got me wondering, where do those people find the coupons? I dont remember my newspaper coming with that many!

I dont have a subscription to the paper, so in order for me to get the Sunday paper, I'd have to drive to town to buy it that day. Can I really save as much just by using the internet? I'm hesitant because some websites want you to download stuff before you can print your coupon & I dont know if it'll harm my computer. What do you guys think??

(And thank for sharing the sites that you've used in the past, as a coupon newbie, I really appreciate it!! You all are my role models!)

those people go to extremes at getting coupons from dumpster diving. I get 2 papers a week and if I see a really good deal ill look on eBay for particular ones. I do print from www.coupons.com www.redplum.com www.smartsource and www.couponnetwork.com It's always good to have at least 2 coupons for an item just in case there is a buy one get one deal and most stores allow you to use both. If I see something I know I will use I stock up. Sometimes I donate items I may not use to a church or nursing home etc...

Back
Top Bottom