Do you Coupon?

I dont have a subscription to the paper, so in order for me to get the Sunday paper, I'd have to drive to town to buy it that day. Can I really save as much just by using the internet? I'm hesitant because some websites want you to download stuff before you can print your coupon & I dont know if it'll harm my computer. What do you guys think??

(And thank for sharing the sites that you've used in the past, as a coupon newbie, I really appreciate it!! You all are my role models!)

FIRST - Network with your neighbors. I have two neighbors that do not coupon. They gladly give me the coupon sections of their papers.
NEXT - there are some safe coupon web sites out there for coupons that don't spam you. What they want you to download is this software that prevents you from printing more than two copies of the coupons. Here are the web sites I use... AND TRUST ME.... I am very protective of my computer.

TARGET.... http://coupons.target.com/#?lnk=gnav_seemore|
Red Plum .. . .http://www.save.com/coupons/
Coupons.com .... http://www.coupons.com/
Smart Source . . . http://www.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=MKRU3JAAR6CCY

These web sites make up the bulk of my printable coupons... Then there are facebook offerings and coupons from the manufacturer directly ( like kelloggs)

I just returned from Dollar Tree...

I used .75 and .50 coupons on colgate toothbrushes. . . Yes, that is right, I bought Colgate toothbrushes for a shocking .25 or .50 each!

CVS... Loving the Crest tootpaste deal this week.
The 4 ounce tube of toothpaste (including the 3D toothpaste) is on sale for $2.99. There is a $2 bonus buck offer on each tube of toothpaste. Plus, I used a .50 off coupon.
That meant the total cost of the tooth paste was .49 each...

I started couponing about 6 months ago. Since then, I have ran into resistance with my friends. Some declare that the 1/2 price sales at Publix or Winn Dixie are good enough for them. I have converted a few folks. They see the work that goes into couponing, but are more impressed when I they see what I bring home for $10.

I am wondering if there are other serious couponers on BYC. Unfortunately, I live in Florida. We are in one of the few states that DO NOT double coupon.... Uggh... However, I still leave the stores feeling GREAT about my purchases.

Lets pretend that Florida did allow double couponing. What exactly does that mean (what am I missing out on)? Can you give me an example?
teacher.gif

It just means you can double the face value of a coupon so if the coupon is for 0.50 off an item... the store would take off $1. it certainly can add up. :0)

Would have to ask the cashier to do that? Or is that something that a store would advertise, like Double Coupon Tuesdays! or something (again, I read that FL doesnt allow this, but I'm just curious)

yeah of the store doubles they will do it automatically. Some store allow you to stack coupons as well... so say I purchased toothpaste for $2 and the store was advertising a store coupon for that toothpaste for $1 and I also had a manufacturers coupon for 0.75 off then I would pay 0.25 for the toothpaste. many pharmacy stores such as CVS, rite aid, and walgreens do this. This is how I stock up on toiletry items for my house. Same stores also give reward $ for buying certain items that you can use in store.

For instance, there was a sale at rite aid on nivea lip balm a few weeks ago at rite aid. If you spent $15 on nivea you got $8 reward cash for their store. Nivea lip balm (I'm a lip balm junkie) was 2/$5 so I bought 6 which came to $15. I also had coupons for $3 off 2 lip balm so I used 3 coupons for that... so $15-$8 rewards - $9 in coupons... I was paid $2 to buy them. Pretty good deal :0)

Hope that made sense lol.

yeah of the store doubles they will do it automatically. Some store allow you to stack coupons as well... so say I purchased toothpaste for $2 and the store was advertising a store coupon for that toothpaste for $1 and I also had a manufacturers coupon for 0.75 off then I would pay 0.25 for the toothpaste. many pharmacy stores such as CVS, rite aid, and walgreens do this. This is how I stock up on toiletry items for my house. Same stores also give reward $ for buying certain items that you can use in store.

For instance, there was a sale at rite aid on nivea lip balm a few weeks ago at rite aid. If you spent $15 on nivea you got $8 reward cash for their store. Nivea lip balm (I'm a lip balm junkie) was 2/$5 so I bought 6 which came to $15. I also had coupons for $3 off 2 lip balm so I used 3 coupons for that... so $15-$8 rewards - $9 in coupons... I was paid $2 to buy them. Pretty good deal :0)

Hope that made sense lol.

Ok, I get it now.Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom