Do you have Easter Eggers???? Will you share a picture??? Please?

Des R

Chirping
Apr 27, 2016
Maryland / Delaware
We have a variety of breeds in our new flock with three of them being easter eggers. We're anxious to find out what color eggs they'll lay. They're only 6 1/2 weeks old so we have a ways to go. They were sold to me by a hatchery as Ameraucanas, but I'd already done my research and knew I was getting Easter Eggers... so I was fine with the mislabelling. I have to say, they are my favorites... Sooooo sweet!

The thing is, they vary in color so we're making a game out of trying to guess what color eggs they'll lay... fingers crossed for greens or blues. We're wondering if their look has anything to do with their egg color. I was wondering if people would be willing to post pictures of their hens and what color egg they lay?

I realize there's no science to what I'm asking... it's all in fun.

Thanks!

3 easter eggers, 3 golden laced wynadottes, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Black stars, 2 Barred rocks, 3 mini aussie and 2 cats. ♡

Last edited:

My white chickens with black spots lay beautiful light blue eggs. :)

Thank you for sharing! The white chickens are Easter Eggers? I have 2 that look like the yellow hen on the very right, and one that looks like the darker hen in the back in the middle... did they lay your tan eggs?

This is my girl Pumpkin and she lays green eggs. We had one that was dark brown and she laid green eggs also. Then we have that looks sorta like her except more like a light blonde color and she lays blue eggs. =)

Last edited:
Your pumpkin looks like one of my girls and I certainly describe my other two as blonder... so there's hope! I will certainly share when they do.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing!  The white chickens are Easter Eggers?  I have 2 that look like the yellow hen on the very right, and one that looks like the darker hen in the back in the middle... did they lay your tan eggs?

Yes the large white hens are easter eggers. They have some leghorn (father) in their background which contibutes to the white coloring and yellow legs. They are considered EE and not your typical barnyard mix because they carry the blue egg gene from their EE mom. They started laying at 16 weeks and are now 11 months and rarely miss a day. Fantastic birds! I hatched out an olive egger roo and plan to hatch out some crosses of these birds in the spring.

This is Noodle, she's my year old EE. She's not the cuddliest chicken ever, but she's sure purty :)

She lays a very pretty light blue egg. Here's two of her eggs, a normal one, and the only fairy egg she's ever laid (the only pic I have of her egg, lol)

I've got a new EE, Starla. I'm very excited to see what color she lays!!

We have a variety of breeds in our new flock with three of them being easter eggers. We're anxious to find out what color eggs they'll lay. They're only 6 1/2 weeks old so we have a ways to go. They were sold to me by a hatchery as Ameraucanas, but I'd already done my research and knew I was getting Easter Eggers... so I was fine with the mislabelling. I have to say, they are my favorites... Sooooo sweet!

The thing is, they vary in color so we're making a game out of trying to guess what color eggs they'll lay... fingers crossed for greens or blues. We're wondering if their look has anything to do with their egg color. I was wondering if people would be willing to post pictures of their hens and what color egg they lay?

I realize there's no science to what I'm asking... it's all in fun.

Thanks!

3 easter eggers, 3 golden laced wynadottes, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Black stars, 2 Barred rocks, 3 mini aussie and 2 cats. ♡
No, it does not.....you have to wait!

Back
Top Bottom