Do you have Easter Eggers???? Will you share a picture??? Please?

Des R

Chirping
Apr 27, 2016
Maryland / Delaware
We have a variety of breeds in our new flock with three of them being easter eggers. We're anxious to find out what color eggs they'll lay. They're only 6 1/2 weeks old so we have a ways to go. They were sold to me by a hatchery as Ameraucanas, but I'd already done my research and knew I was getting Easter Eggers... so I was fine with the mislabelling. I have to say, they are my favorites... Sooooo sweet!

The thing is, they vary in color so we're making a game out of trying to guess what color eggs they'll lay... fingers crossed for greens or blues. We're wondering if their look has anything to do with their egg color. I was wondering if people would be willing to post pictures of their hens and what color egg they lay?

I realize there's no science to what I'm asking... it's all in fun.

Thanks!

3 easter eggers, 3 golden laced wynadottes, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Black stars, 2 Barred rocks, 3 mini aussie and 2 cats. ♡

Last edited:
@eleaserek Your girls are SOOOOO cute! I've never heard of a fairy egg, I learn something new everyday on this site! This is a pic of my girls at 4 weeks old (they're 7 weeks now) but this is the last pics I have of just the 3 of them....

This picture below is at 6 weeks but it's all the girls.

Those are EE's, they don't all lay blue/green eggs.
Sometimes the blue shell gene doesn't pass down.
Where did you get them?

I got them at a local feed store. I have heard they don't always lay the colored eggs but thought I would get at least 1 of them to do it. Its ok an egg is an egg and that's what I got them for. I will say they are very light in color and smaller then the others. I actually just got a massive egg from another one of my girls.

Henny Penny and Becky. Penny lays green eggs and Becky lays blue. 20180924_183459.jpg 20180705_191656.jpg

This is my girl Pumpkin and she lays green eggs. We had one that was dark brown and she laid green eggs also. Then we have that looks sorta like her except more like a light blonde color and she lays blue eggs. =)

Last edited:
This is Noodle, she's my year old EE. She's not the cuddliest chicken ever, but she's sure purty :)

She lays a very pretty light blue egg. Here's two of her eggs, a normal one, and the only fairy egg she's ever laid (the only pic I have of her egg, lol)

I've got a new EE, Starla. I'm very excited to see what color she lays!!

We have three EE girls that are varying shades of rust. One has a big, full, black beard and muffs. They are 7 months old (as are all of my big hens). No one had laid a single egg. Not one. We have about eight bantams laying so far, but I have started calling the standard hens free loaders.
:barnie

We have three EE girls that are varying shades of rust. One has a big, full, black beard and muffs. They are 7 months old (as are all of my big hens). No one had laid a single egg. Not one. We have about eight bantams laying so far, but I have started calling the standard hens free loaders.
:barnie
Wow, I would be aggravated too, if all my girls were 7 months old and not laying. Just wondering if something could be taking eggs? Are your bantams in the same coop, using the same nest boxes? What other kinds of standard girls do you have?

Back
Top Bottom