Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

I'm not exactly sure I play favorites, but there is definitely one bird that I am partial to because of her size. I have Buff Orpington triplets...two of which are normal size and one runt who is much smaller. Her name is Bufferball. She is very tiny, but feisty, as she holds her own against the other birds. Then, I have Ruby, who is the most fun bird by far, as she loves to be picked up, however she has an arsenal of noises which she makes when I pick her up. She is very opinionated to say the least. I only have five birds though, so I can't play favorites because I am able to spend time with all of them!

Bonnet is the chicken I favor the most. She lets me pick her up and anytime I call for here she comes running!!

I love all of my chickens and yes I play favorites:)

My favorite one is tiny she got her beamed because she is the runt. She gets bullied by the other but when I let thence out she always followed me around. i ALWAYS sneek her special treats because the others leave her nothing. Tiny is a mix not sure what breed but love the way she is!! She has the biggest tail i have ever seen its bigger that her!!
here is a pic:
[/IMG]com/content/type/61/id/5801883/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Bilbette :)

Here she is beside some of my big girls. They're also a week younger than her. That's Betty (SLW), Lady and I believe Amelia. I can't tell a couple of the Reds apart unless I can see the back of their "necklace" as I call the ring of light feathers around their necks.

Oh man! That is a tiny chicken! And so cute. I would favor her too!!! What is she?

I may or may not give my NN Opal a *bit* more treats...
Opal is adorable! What breed?

I of course favor my Silke Marbles for obvious reasons, she is adorable and so loveable. And my RIR Lucille because she always thought of me as mommy. And that makes me feel special. Everyone else thinks I'm the devil!

Oh man! That is a tiny chicken! And so cute. I would favor her too!!! What is she?

Thanks! I have no idea on her breed though. I've posted her picture a few times in the what breeds section but no one seems sure. I got her from the assorted bantam bin at TSC in March. All her bantam 'siblings' are twice her size. I've worried that the big girls will step on her but she's a fast little bugger. Her legs are covered in tiny feathers that are almost like down but she only has 4 toes.
idunno.gif
No matter though, She's still one of my favs. She's got spunk that one.
love.gif

Opal is adorable! What breed?
She is a Naked Neck/Turken. I do agree, she is a cutie. A bit on the dumb and ditzy side, but I love her. The rest of the chickens know she is a bit er...."goofy"...so they just leave her be, but at night she snuggles them and sleeps on their wings and I think she has grown on them. She is a sweetheart and my whole family (including all the animals) couldn't imagine life without seeing her carelessly running through the yard

The chickens I favor are the nice ones or the ones at the bottom of the pecking order. A couple of my ISA's like to be pet, so they'll come over just to visit. Then there's 2 white birds (the farm told me they are Rhode Island Whites, but BYC has a different opinion-maybe production whites?) that the other birds pick on a little-they don't hurt them, but when I refill their food or bring treats out, they like to chase them away. I'm always trying to find a way to spoil them without the mean girls getting in the way :)

I always seem to have a favorite. but I hatched a BR/GLW mix that has stole my heart. She is so sweet, peeps and flies up to me to be held, is usually on my shoulder She can't seem to blend with the big flock, too docile and I won't risk her safety to keep trying. She is still in the grow out pen, and comes in at nite on my shoulder! 6 weeks old now. I guess she is a pet
love.gif
I don't mind at all, any friendly chick gets to stay.

. My son's favorite is this lil dominique "Rocker" she loves him and let's him carry her around. He still thinks she is a he but I'm pretty sure she is a she. My favorite is a perky lil EE named Elida (my daughter named it after herself vain much? Lol). She hops up and sits on my lap when I go in the run to watch them.

Back
Top Bottom