Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

I love the pictures! My chickens love to hang out with our older dog as well! She is so patient with them, and shares her bed too
smile.png

My favorite was my Buff Brahma Sammy. She was the low one on the chicken totem pole and was picked on by most everyone. I used to sneak her treats when nobody was looking and she'd come at my call and was just a good friend. Sadly she just couldn't run very fast and was taken by some miserable predator earlier in the week. She will be missed.

Oh, no! I am sorry for your loss!

I play favorites as well. Izzy (my Sussex) was my favorite, that's why I had her name as part of mine on this site
smile.png
However, this spring she became the unfortunate victim of an over-enthusiastic 4 mo. old puppy who pounced her in play when our backs were turned. It was a hard lesson to learn, and a heartbreaking loss. On a good note though - the puppy has turned into a wonderful dog (with a deeper respect for his yard-mates), and we are now the owners of a Blue-Wheaten Ameraucana (sp?) who holds the current title of "favorite".
love.gif

I am sorry!

We just lost our favorite girl last night. :(

She was a Blue Andalusian named Gracie, that we somehow got in a batch of red sex-links we bought last spring. She was gorgeous and SO smart! She and another hen got attacked by the neighbor's dog back in January and my big pregnant self walked around our pasture for hours and finally found her - - DH nursed her back to health and we spent a fortune building a 6 ft fence around the area where they free range .... and then we found out that she could fly over it.

We let her, b/c she loved to forage in our gardens. But last night, a dog that we rescued and have been trying to rehome, dug out from our backyard (also a chain link fence) and killed her while we were at a TBall game.

I'm heartbroken.

My fave is "Snoodle", my bantam Cochin frizzle. I try to give her a little extra when I can. I was hoping she was a roo, but I guess not.
If I have one who's a particularly good momma, I'd favor her. Or a roo who's especial gentle. I've had bad experiences with roosters growing up.

Back
Top Bottom