Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

Yeah I play favorites. I have a Barred Plymouth Rock and I just adore. She is by far the most cleaver of our flock of 20 and she is top dog of the backyard. Our 50lbs Boxer is below her in the hierarchy. She is almost 3 years old. My other favorite is my Amerucana it is 13 weeks and I really hope it is female or I will have to find a new home for it. :(

I have a favorite. I have to type quickly so the other girls don"t see this. Her name is Rosemary... she is a chatter box. She clucks away all day long. We have in-depth conversations whenever she and I are together. The others look at us like they have no idea what we are doing.

I have two favorites. They get the extra attention and treats. One stands behind me when I am giving them mealworms, blueberries, cantaloupe or other treats. She tugs at my pant leg when she is ready for another.

Peep, my profile pic, has a crooked lower beak. Also the 2nd to lowest on the pecking order, I sneaked her so watermelon. Although, I only have a flock of 9, but she is with 6, the other 3 r chicks. Peep just looks at you with her crooked little beak and is like, hey! I want some grapes coz Peck steals them from her. The other day, she literal flew onto a tree branch, maybe 10 feet up. She started to squawk, she couldn't get down. She's my little comedian.

I have a favorite. I have to type quickly so the other girls don"t see this.
lau.gif

I am so sorry for those who have just lost a beloved pet. I had a dog kill one of my girls a couple of weeks ago and went ahead and clipped the young girl's wings. I hated to do it because they so loved foraging in the forest. But, they have adjusted to a more restricted life far more easily than I thought they would.

I have a favorite. She is an Americauna named Francis. I know her call and earlier today she was shouting in the back yard. I went out to find her alone shouting for her flock. They are so mean. they were all hiding from her. But, we found them!
When on the roost she presses herself into the breast of a more dominant hen so as not to get pecked. She is, of course, the tiniest and most friendly as well as courageous.
I think it is touching that we humans naturally want to protect the weakest. That is our strength and gives me more faith in my fellows. I so enjoy the people on Backyard Chickens and their relationships with their flocks. Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom