Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

Kitty is definitely my favourite of my two hens. If/when we add more chickens to the flock, Miss Kitty would most likely be numero uno. She has quite a dose of chickttitude, and she lets you know who is in charge. However, she is always happy to let you pick her up and cuddle her. As a chick she would fall asleep in my hand, and even now, every so often she'll sleep on my lap. She is always talkative when you're holding her, and sometimes she'll crawl up on my shoulder and hitch a ride. Once she even rode on my shoulder all the way up my street to our neighbor's house for a visit. Yes, I admit it, I love my kitty, and she just might receive some special attention. ;)

After a bath...

Of course I had to add one fluff butt picture for good measure!!!!

I try not to play favorites but...Well my Columbian Rock who I taught to jump on my lap does get her pick of the treats first. She is really pretty and the top of the pecking order. Buts she's kinda a bully so sometimes I'll give my buff orpington her picks first.

I definitely have a favourite - Charity, my Red Star hen. I hand-raised her from when she was a day old. Within a week she responded to her name and jumped into my lap on command. She was so cute! She still loves getting held or sitting in your lap. She's at the bottom of the pecking order now and sometimes gets bullied. Looking back, I guess if I hadn't doted on her so much she wouldn't be so dependent on me to make sure she gets her fair share of food and water. But I couldn't help it!

I definitely have a favourite - Charity, my Red Star hen. I hand-raised her from when she was a day old. Within a week she responded to her name and jumped into my lap on command. She was so cute! She still loves getting held or sitting in your lap. She's at the bottom of the pecking order now and sometimes gets bullied. Looking back, I guess if I hadn't doted on her so much she wouldn't be so dependent on me to make sure she gets her fair share of food and water. But I couldn't help it!
I wouldn't feel too bad about spoiling her. In my experience, pampering a chicken hasn't had any effect on their position in the pecking order--in fact, most of the chickens I spoiled most as chicks are on the top rung now as adults, so if your sweet girl struggles to achieve status in the flock, that's probably just the way she is and would have been even without your loving. She's probably very fortunate she has you to turn to, actually. Otherwise, she'd be at the bottom of the pecking order and have no support to help her compensate.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I rescued a little banty chick named Star from a close call with hypothermia and later paralysis. He barely survived, and required constant care for over a week while he recuperated. He remains one of my friendliest and most docile chickens... with me, anyway. Despite being half the size of his competition, he is determined to be the head honcho in his generation's batch of roosters. He will challenge the other roos and WIN, and his submissiveness towards the older chickens is fading faster than he's growing. Coddling him certainly did nothing to diminish his personality, and the same holds true for my other "favorites". They are what they are, and I'm sure the same is true for your dear Charity.

Kitty is definitely my favourite of my two hens. If/when we add more chickens to the flock, Miss Kitty would most likely be numero uno. She has quite a dose of chickttitude, and she lets you know who is in charge. However, she is always happy to let you pick her up and cuddle her. As a chick she would fall asleep in my hand, and even now, every so often she'll sleep on my lap. She is always talkative when you're holding her, and sometimes she'll crawl up on my shoulder and hitch a ride. Once she even rode on my shoulder all the way up my street to our neighbor's house for a visit. Yes, I admit it, I love my kitty, and she just might receive some special attention. ;)

After a bath...

Of course I had to add one fluff butt picture for good measure!!!!

Kitty is a pretty girl. Love that fluffy butt, lol!

Aww, that pic is so sweet!! Love it!

I wouldn't feel too bad about spoiling her. In my experience, pampering a chicken hasn't had any effect on their position in the pecking order--in fact, most of the chickens I spoiled most as chicks are on the top rung now as adults, so if your sweet girl struggles to achieve status in the flock, that's probably just the way she is and would have been even without your loving. She's probably very fortunate she has you to turn to, actually. Otherwise, she'd be at the bottom of the pecking order and have no support to help her compensate.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I rescued a little banty chick named Star from a close call with hypothermia and later paralysis. He barely survived, and required constant care for over a week while he recuperated. He remains one of my friendliest and most docile chickens... with me, anyway. Despite being half the size of his competition, he is determined to be the head honcho in his generation's batch of roosters. He will challenge the other roos and WIN, and his submissiveness towards the older chickens is fading faster than he's growing. Coddling him certainly did nothing to diminish his personality, and the same holds true for my other "favorites". They are what they are, and I'm sure the same is true for your dear Charity.
goodpost.gif

Very sweet.

This is my favorite, her name is vi as in violet. She is a lavender Orpington and is my little baby. She even falls asleep in my hand sometimes

Back
Top Bottom