Do You See A Bresse Market Problems or Not Really?

anc

Hatching
Feb 19, 2024
I am thinking of raising The American Bresse for NYC gourmet market we supply other products to. Here's what has given me a pause. Remember the avalanche of foie gras bans in NY and CA? This was all out of protests against "forced feeding" ducks. Not that I agree with it, but what if finishing the Bresse in epinettes calls for the same reaction? Just don't want to end up with a big loss on my hands. What do you all think?

I think you'd be okay seeing as the heavy egg producers can stick 3-5 chickens into tiny cages. There's a huge industrial complex behind that. I think it was the force feeding of the animals that was the problem, so as long as you aren't forcing food down the chickens throat, it likely won't be a problem?

So think about it like this: The 2 conditions your worried about them regulating are the food you feed your birds, and the size of the space you keep them in? If the government were to step in and regulate those things, would it effect a huge industrial complex, or a smaller niche market?

Back
Top Bottom